cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource constraint project scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I would like to know if it is possible to do resource constraint project scheduling in Project systems. If yes does it use Genetic algorithms or any other heuristic to perform this.

Thanks,

Diana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

I am not 100 percent sure, what you mean with 'Resource constraint project scheduling', but the Project scheduling does not take the resource into account.

Details Consulting note  151551 (network scheduling) and 683940 (WBS scheduling).

Simplified speaking, the project scheduling uses the data of activity and WBS. After the scheduling is done, the sub elements (activity element, material requirment dates, milestone, assignment of person) get determined.

There is function  to allow plan the activity dates according the resource capacity. It is done manually, as far as I known.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Wang. In scheduling of project, dates are come into point in SAP PS. Resource can't be schedule. But It can be plan.

If you are saying about resource planning then just search in the forum. there are a lot of discussions have already done.

Also go thru the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_cpro31/helpdata/en/e8/00c73c52aacf5be10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Shishir