cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Job Scheduling with Specific Condition in SM36

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to schedule a periodic job to run every week on particular day with 15 min time period (for that whole day) using SM36 standard scheduling (no ABAP programming/ Redwood CPS). Please let me know if we can schedule with this condition? If yes, how?

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement seems:

Job A to be scheduled as periodic job (Which runs on particular day + Which runs per every 15mins).

There are 2 periodic conditions which is not possible using standard job scheduling Tcode SM36 (It use only one condition).

I would schedule a job for target date with start time and end time (No start after) with periodic option ON with period of 15mins. It would run for a day, after that I just make a copy on next day and change the start date so that it will run next week.

Regards,

Nick Loy

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You want to have a job running every 15 min on a specific day only ?

I'm afraid this cannot be handled using standard options in SM36.

You can have a periodic job running on a specific day only but you cannot set it to run every 15 min for a specific day.

There is no option like "do not run after".

The only solution would be to use some external scheduling source (cron daemon or Windows task scheduler) that can handle such conditions and raise a event (=> sapevt prog). On SAP side you create a periodic job starting on this event. That kind of job runs when ever the event is raised and reschedule itself waiting for a new occurrence of the event.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement seems pretty easy - A background job in SM36 with periodic option ON.

Search SDN/Google with a key word "Schedule a periodic job in SAP"

Give some more clarity if your requirement is something else.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos