Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario to create cancellation of ASN

former_member1257031
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have a scenario .

Once I create a delivery document a msg type is triggered from delivery document header ei LAVA which is for ASN Creation . User after certain date can cancel the delivery date due to some issue . So when it cancels delivery document that is user performs reversal process (reversal / cancel process:)

1) User cancel invoice

2) Reverse PGI

3) Cancel Delivery

A new message type will be triggered once he cancels delivery and it will cancel the previous Msg type or the ASN .

How to get this functionality . Please help to provide the step how to create new msg type and where to assign so that once delivery document is cancelled it gets triggered .What will be the application type for this message and where I need to configure this new message type .

What all documents need to be rolled back once the user cancel this delivery document .

Thanks

MM_sD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MM DT,

When delivery is created and goods are ready to move out of the company warehouse, an ASN is triggered. These goods are shipped to the customer and ASN serves its purpose i.e. it notifies the Ship-To that goods are going to arrive, with date and time. (and is "consumed").

Why during the reversal process - Cancel billing, reverse PGI and delete delivery; do you want to create another output?

I donot think this is needed.

Please explain why you want to create an output to negate ASN (previously created).

former_member1257031
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This new o/p is to be created to cancel previous ASN , because after cancelling the delivery when they create a new deliv document creates another ASN. So we end up having 2 ASN  These 2 ASN is then added up and gave region a false signal that factory is going to ship double qty. This is business requirement .

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MM DT,

In this case, the factory (or seller - sales office etc.) has to communicate outside of SAP e.g. email, telephone etc.

Also, what information is sent in ASN, does it have the sales order #, line item #

In case a new ASN is triggerred for the same sales order # and item #, then it can be known that this new one is replacing the old one.

former_member1257031
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ASN contains SO , LINE ITEM ETC . But from OM point of view what all I need to configure and if anyone can gv me the steps .

Thanks

Ritu

former_member1257031
Participant
0 Kudos

No Reply...Please help

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MM,

A new message type will be triggered once he cancels delivery and it will cancel the previous Msg type or the ASN .

Cancel the previous ASN message - do you want a negative qty (e.g. -2) to populate in the new ASN, in case the delivery is cancelled?

What medium is this message in (print, fax, idoc etc.)?

former_member1257031
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for late reply ...

The ASN wont be having negative qty , it will show positive qty in the new ASN , but that will cancels out the quantity in the old asn . Medium is idoc .