cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling the Rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Could you explain me about what is Controlling Rejection?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm going to leave this thread here and hide the other one as I think this one has the best explanations of... everything....

I think the bottom line is that since none of us have run across FRDD/FRDS as standard SAP terms, you'll find that these were probably internal acronyms used by the company or project team.  Or they may be related to a very specific industry that none of us have been involved in or these systems are not typically incorporated into SAP.  Actually, the use of these terms in a resume related to SAP actually would be a red flag to me.  Unless it's a specific industry term I'm not familiar with, it's telling me the owner of the resume also doesn't understand what they really mean or otherwise they wouldn't have used them.  You don't use project or client jargon in a resume.  You make sure you use commonly known acronyms for your industry or business or you don't use them.

I think it is safe to assume that the acronyms are not generally considered as SAP jargon or terms.

I would consider "Controlling rejection" to be a general term.  I.e. what do you do when a material fails the quality inspection.  This is drastically different from industry to industry and from company to company.  There is no one here who can tell you how to control rejections.  The business has to tell you how they control rejections.

It's our job as functional consultants to review that process, determine if and how it can be accommodated by SAP, map out the options in SAP and allow the client to choose what they think will work in their particular business and industry.  The whole time we should be using, (hopefully), our past experiences with multiple clients and the SAP software to make suggestions that utilize best practices and hopefully streamline the process. Keeping in mind that sometimes best quality management practices may not actually streamline a process, or make it more efficient.   It should however, in the long term, improve quality.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thanks a lot for your great explanation.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinoth,

Why are you creating duplicate threads ?

This one is you created a day before

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created this in SAP MM space on the day before,so SCN rejected it.That's why I posted in SAP QM space Sir.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both threads are lying in QM space.

You are not supposed to create double threads anywhere in the system. You can't go like one thread in each space.

What reason was given for rejecting the thread?

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Nitin and Swetha.

"Controlling the Rejection" is a very generic term. Elaborate your business process first

You may reject material but actually you do not "control" rejection in SAP. Though you may take decisions to control rejections based on reports generated by SAP.

Kindly read this Blog ; http://scn.sap.com/community/getting-started/blog/2010/05/12/asking-good-questions-in-the-forums-to-...

it will be appreciable if you could Re-phrase your question after reading this blog.

Amol.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry I had not checked for double posting before I moved it from MM to QM as I thought rejection  is probably QM notification related.

He had found a resume in the web, and just asked here what the author meant.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQFjAB&url=http%...

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK Sir. That's understandable.

I have done my part and it will be taken care

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoth,

Be specific about the question posted,Control rejection in terms of quality or in terms of sales line item.

The question is not clear.Kindly ellaborate the same

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am an SAP MM consultant..I need explanation on Control rejection in terms of quality as well as in terms of sales line item.

Regards,

Vinoth