cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup MCOS in HANA appliance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HANA gurus,

I am middle of a sap server build on HANA appliance. We recently purchased a HANA appliance but its delivered with just one database. but our plan is to install 5 to 6 sap applications ( all dev - and non critical)  on 1 HANA appliance. the server was already sized that way. so resources wise no problem. So the problem i have now is i need to have databases similar to SID of SAP , which i will be installing on this HANA appliance. So now the question is - how to  create multiple databases on this one HANA appliance  .. (MCOS and not MCOD ) 

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Sanu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<<Addressing to All>>

Hi All,

On MCOS, one quick question. We plan to have a BI HANA system with Dev QA in scale out scenario with 3 nodes.

Is it possible to allocate different memory size based on the hardware on each node per instance.

Like i can have 256gb, 256gb, 128 gb for my 3 nodes for the DEV instance.

Similarly, can i assign 1024, 758, 1024 for my 3 nodes for QA instance.  Yes, with the sufficient hardware available.  Assume yes.. but can you please confirm..

Also, can i dynamically change the allocation here?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks, any feedback here please.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Rajeet

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please check the below statement from SAP.

SAP HANA multitenant database containers offers functionality where memory and CPU resources can be managed on a tenant DB basis. If applications are deployed each on their own tenant DB, performance can be optimized by setting parameters which determine maximum memory allocation and influence CPU resources.

More information can be found

1661202 - Support for multiple applications on SAP HANA

BR

AKJ

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The exact term should be "multi-sid" installation. You can find relevant notes in smp.

As for the installation, you can use HLM (SPS06, SPS07) and SUM (SPS05) if i remember correctly. To make thing easier, you can update your source to SP07 and install the new HDB with the SP07 inst DVD Media.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since this is dev.....and not taking the license into consideration.

You can have multiple HANA DB installs on one appliance. The key is to set your global_allocation_limit on each instance accordingly.

For example, if you have a 1TB box and will install 3 instances. You'd set the global_allocation_limit to 256GBs on each instance. You may room for another 128GB instance. Remember to leave at least 10% for OS and other processes.

1681092 - Multiple SAP HANA databases on one SAP HANA system

1661202 - Support for multiple applications on SAP HANA

Also, check admin guide.