cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher as Reverse Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I need some advise with regards to my current project.

Right now, I am configuring my SAP landscape which consist of 2 NetWeaver EP, 1 ECC & 1 BI system.

I would like to streamline all system access using SAP Web Dispatcher, meaning, all access will be via the Enterprise Portal without SAP GUI.

Customer requirement is to have their own URL for each of the Enterprise Portal.

From my understanding and reading of installation guide, the URL of the Web Dispatcher is usually, http://<web-dispatcher-hostname>.domain:<port>

Is there any way I can configure the SAP Web Dispatcher to allow using to use their own URL i.e. http://companyname.com to access the Web Dispatcher and from Web Dispatcher to the backend system? Some thing like what a Reverse Proxy can do.

I research online, that SAP Web Dispatcher can be configured as a Reverse Proxy. But the research yield no result as to how to change the URL to the customer company name.

Further research show that in order to achieve this, I need a Reverse Proxy, most commonly used, Apache.

Is Apache really needed in my scenario in-order to fit customer requirement?

Need your kind advise on my requirement.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Zechs Yong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to below wiki link:

Change Portal URL - Portal - SCN Wiki

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Thank you very much for the wiki link. It seems like I really have to use a Reverse Proxy, Apache for my scenario.

Best Regards,

Zechs Yong

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's not true. Considering your requirement, you can use Web Dispatcher. Simply configure DNS aliases for all hostnames and use the Multiple System scenario of Web Dispatcher where the requests get forwarded to backend systems based on the hostname in the request.

Answers (0)