Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Not possible to enhance a context node?

Hi,

We're on Ehp6.  I am trying to enhance a standard SAP ABAP webdynpro (FMCA_WDY_FPF_RETURN) by adding a new attribute to the (Component Controller's) context node FMCA_RETURN.

(This context node is mapped to the dictionary structure FMCA_POBJ_S_INIT_WD which already contains the enhanced Z fields that I wish to include.)

According to SAP Help, it should be possible to add a new attribute to a node (as part of an enhancement), but when I try it, the right-click menu is greyed out.

Steps:

- go to Component Controller screen, Context tab

- click on the 'hotplate' button and create an enhancement

- rightclick on the node (FMCA_RETURN) and choose Create > Attribute

or

- right-click on the node (FMCA_RETURN) and choose Create Using The Wizard > Attributes From Components of Structure

I can't perform either of those last two steps because the 'Attribute' option is greyed out..

Note 1773375 says that it should be possible:

Possible enhancements in the controller:

--------------------------------------

Creating attributes, events, and methods

Adding controller usages

Creating a new node with attributes in the context;

Further attributes can also be attached to an original node

Has anyone been able to do this? I welcome your tips and advice.

thanks

Paul Bakker

replied

Hi,

I found the answer through debugging. There is a rule that you cannot enhance context nodes that are inherited from interface controllers:

class CL_WDY_WB_CONTEXT_EDITOR_VIS

method FILL_UI_EXCLUDING_TAB

*   6. context elements that are part of implementations of interface definitions may not be changed

if context_editor->is_intf_implementation_item( l_context_node-ref_api_context_element ) = abap_true.

.. and in this case, these context nodes are inherited from INTERFACE CONTROLLER IWCI_IF_FMCA_WDY_FPF_INIT..

So can I enhance the 'interface controller' instead? No. The hotplate is greyed out.

Game over.

Thanks for your help

Paul

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question