cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBase Preparation error in SolMan Basic Configuration - sps10

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've just finished updating our SolMan 7.1 system from sps8 to sps10 and am now running through the various post-update activities in SOLMAN_SETUP.  In Basic Configuration, step 7 (Maintain Systems in IBase), the automatic activity IBase Preparation is failing with a warning which does not allow me to proceed to the following activities.  In particular, the messages are:

• The Ibase component 00000000000000168 has deviceid: QP1 xxxxxxxxxx
  • Sort string is needed!
  • System could not be found in LMDB nor in SMSY!

QP1 is an obsolete system that we deleted some time ago, so I wouldn't actually expect to find it in LMDB.  However, obviously this component 168 that is related to it still exists in IBase and is causing problems.

I can run AI_CRM_ANALYZE_IBASE_SORTF in SE38 and get the same messages (this is the program that the IBase Preparation step actually runs).  I tried running AI_CRM_DEL_NOT_USED_IBASE_COMP to delete the component, but it fails to find it, nor anything related to QP1.  AI_CRM_PRODUCT_DELETE and AI_CRM_OBJECT_DELETE also do not find it.

I tried AI_CRM_IBASE_CONSISTENCY from Note 1933019, and while that showed a lot of yellow lights for other things, it had nothing at all for QP1.

I'm at a loss for where to go looking for this ghost data and how to clean it up and proceed, so I'll be grateful for any pointers that lead to a resolution.

Best regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Please check solution from note 1856234 - Missing sort string in Ibase text components

BR,

K.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You know, I had looked at that Note a dozen times, played around in IB_GEN to no avail, and even looked at IB53 but didn't seem to be able to get anything to come up.  However, I took another look just now, and IB53 does appear to have been the solution after all.

To be clear, the missing sort string was not the problem, and strictly speaking this Note doesn't directly address my problem.  It was almost a red herring.  The problem was that the IBase had a holdover text component for a deleted system, which of course was therefore not in LMDB.

Using IB53, I was able to pull up that component and cut it out of the IBase.  After doing so, AI_CRM_ANALYZE_IBASE_SORTF, and by extension IBase Preparation, ran successfully, and I am now able to move on to the next step in Basic Configuration.

Thank you, Kamil!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had exactly the same issue and also I cut the inconsistent components using IB53 TCode and it workrd. I could continue with iBase preparation and subsecuent steps.

Thanks guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

As you announced Using IB53, I was able to pull up that component and cut it out of the IBase.  After doing so, AI_CRM_ANALYZE_IBASE_SORTF, and by extension IBase Preparation, ran successfully, and I am now able to move on to the next step in Basic Configuration I couldn't follow it.

Could you explain how you are Using IB53, I was able to pull up that component and cut it out of the IBase?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Best Regards,

Young

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Young,

What I did was go into transaction IB53.  I knew the component number I was interested in, but not the Installed Base number, so I left the Installed Base field alone (it defaults to 0), and put my component number in the Component field (in my case, the number was 168).  The mistake I had always made before was to then press the 'Refresh' button, which does nothing.  Don't do that.  Instead, click the green checkmark (or hit <Enter>).  The next screen that comes up is the "Detail Screen" for the IBase and Component in question.

Alternatively, you can put the IBase number in that field and leave the Component field alone, and do the same thing.  Chances are that your IBase number is 1 (it seems to be tricky to search for it successfully, in my experience).  Then the next screen will show all available Components, which generally equate to installed systems in your landscape.

Highlight or select the Component of interest on the left, so that its details show on the right.  Switch to Change mode (click the eyeglass/pencil icon).  Now in the icons or buttons above the component listing on the left you'll see the usual assortment of operations, including Cut, Copy, and Paste.  Click Cut, and then Save.

Remember, this is for eliminating duplicate or ghost components for systems that already do not exist in SLD, LMDB, or SMSY.  Normally, deleting a system out of SLD should cause a chain reaction to clear all this out (I believe, and assuming the system really is gone and doesn't re-insert itself to SLD with the next update job), but sometimes something gets stuck and bits are left behind.

I hope this helps illuminate what I meant and how I went about it.  Let me know if you still have questions.

Best regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

Wow, I also just finished updaing my SolMan 7.1 system with SPS8&10 and came accross the same issue. your post was a big help. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

It's really useful for me. I just meet same issue with you after upgrade SolMan SP.

Eric

Answers (0)