cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why BRF parallel workflows does not support Decision Type 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we all know that SAP has came up with new feature in BRF workflows ( Parallel Workflows with Overlapping Responsibility).  This is supported for Decision type 4 only ( an item can be part of multiple approvers, i.e. each approver can provide their decision on same item). 

My requirement is to implement same parallel workflow ( mentioned in above paragraph )  at document level ( entire document - i.e. a document can be part of multiple approvers and with completion step and hence each approver can approve or reject the SC) with decision type 1.  I don't know why it is not allowed to have parallel workflow with decision type 1. If anybody knew the reason, please share your suggestions or comments on it.

Thanks in advance!

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for the reply!

But my requirement is to have completion step rather than approval. Completion step is possible only with Decision type 1 not with Decision type 4.

Tried with SAP note to allow /dis-allow fields ( it opens up fields for edit), and it still have limitations like add/delete items, and add/delete supplier.

Thanks,

Krishna

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krischna,

functionality called Parallel Approval, not Parallel Completion.

Not sure if it is generally possible now to change shopping cart in the parallel by the different purchasers.

Regards

Konstantin

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

well. SAP says it.

Parallel approval with overlapping responsibility is possible for decision type 4 only.

SAP Library - Process-Controlled Workflows

I think it's just implemented in a such way. Decision type 4 covers actually all possible variants.

You can try to modify it, but no support from SAP in this case.

Regards

Konstantin