cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning an Inspection Specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to assigning an Inspection specification to a material automatically.

Regards,

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ahmed,

I have another view here. I think you want to assign task list/ material specification for result recording to be assigned automatically to inspection lot.

For this, you need to set the indicator for 'Automatic  Assignment' against the inspection type in Material master QM view.

When this is set, SAP assigns the task list/specification automatically to inspection lot as soon as it is generated.

ntn

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

As Craig said you can create material specification in QS61 for your materials to generate inspection lots.

As per my understanding by your previous thread your inspection lots are generating with the status CRTD right. You are assigning the task list manually in change inspection lot.

If this is the case check for correct usage in inspection plan and create inspection lot in the validity date of inspection plan. Then system will create an inspection lot with status REL. This means your task list is assigned automatically in inspection specification tab, If you check in inspection lot change you will find the task list/ Spec icon grade out. Hope your problem solved... Please get back any issue...

Regards

Kesava

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to do a development for that.  There is no standard functionality in SAP to create the material specification.  I am assuming you meant the QS61 transaction.

I did this at one client.  In a nightly batch job we looked at materials that had a new release status and then ran QS61 for the material.

Craig

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

Create  inspection plan and assign correct usage in the inspection plan for the inspection type what you assigned in material master.

After the inspection plan creation when the realavent transactions are performed with that material then inspection lot will be created.Then the inspection lot status REL and inspection specification will be assigned automatically.

If the transaction date is before inspection plan validity date( creation date) then system creates inspection lot with status CRTD ( created) it means system not able to assign the inspection specification as ins plan not valid on this date.

Regards

Kesava