cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade kernel MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a SAP Netweaver MDM 5.5 and I'm going to upgrade de kernel from 7.0 to 7.21. I'd never changed the kernel in this system before and when I've realized that it has two instances and so, two /sapmnt/<SID>. My question is: How do I upgrade/change the kernel? Do I only change the new 7.21 kernel in both /sapmnt/<SID>/exe or is it necessary to perform additionals tasks?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

Are you completed your kernel upgrade in MDM?

I am also struck in nearly same situation. Is MDM kernel upgrade different from normal SAP kernel upgrade. Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance

Chandra

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

First read these SAP notes.

1713986 - Installation of kernel 721 (EXT)

1728283 - SAP Kernel 721: General Information

1744209 - SAP Kernel 720 and 721: Versions and Kernel Patch Levels

1716826 - Usage of the downward compatible kernel 721 (EXT)

You need to remove all the files related to the old kernel and then put the the 721 release kernel files in the DIR_CT_RUN location (/sapmnt/SID/exe.

Trigger sapcpe to replicate the kernel files to the local executable location (usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/exe)

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan, I know how to change de kernel from 7.00 to 7.21 (I did it several times). My question is about MDM because it has two instances and the size of the kernel (folder exe)  is different in each one. Do I have to follow the same procedure that when there is only one instance?

Regards.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Luis

Could you provide the location of the kernel files please ?

If there are two SAP systems then there should be two /sapmnt shares.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Regan,

There aren't two SAP system; it's only one SAP system (MDM used with SRM) but it has two instances. For example:

/sapmnt /MAB/exe --> 1,2 Gb

/sapmng/MCD/exe --> 1,02 Gb

When you start with the user admmab, both instances are started.

Regards.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis

If you are having schedule to upgrade the both instance, you can follow the SAP Note as mentioned by Benjamin. and you have to copy the Kernel file to "\\sysdec01\SAPMNT\SID\SYS\exe\UN\NTADM64 for windows " (Not on /sapmnt /MAB/exe & /sapmng/MCD/exe ) you can follow the kernel upgrade steps from the SCN link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3157702 (For Unix)

BR

SS