Did you mean: 

time estimate to setup SSO on SAP ECC & BW environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running the following SAP environment

SAP ECC: 1 DEV, 1 UAT, 1 Production =  3 servers

SAP BW 7.3: 1 DEV, 1 UAT, 1 Production = 3 servers

SAP PBC 1 UAT, 1 Production = 2 Servers (with EPM excel-addin clients connecting)

1 Solutions Manager Server.

We are invesitgating setting up SSO on all the servers.

Is it reasonable to request how long it would take to setup a full SSO solution on this environment?

Would best practice be to setup SSO in the DEV and UAT enviornments for testing? or is SSO a simple and low risk setup that you could choose to only setup on production servers if you did not feel the need to have SSO running in your UAT?

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our company has implemented SAP, BW, and BPC. As we integrate these systems more tightly the users are not enjoying logging in all the time to various systems. As the system is new to us I wanted to know a rough estimate of the time effort involved. We have limited time and resources and need to prioritize our efforts.

Yes, we could research how long it would take and that might take 5 to 10 hours for a 1 hour job: as the complexity of SAP I believe could lead to a scenario where a person researches an ABAP\BASIS configuration for a great deal longer than it takes to actually implement.  That being said many configurations can send administrators down a rabbit hole of technical research as articles and discussion dove tail into inter related topics that may or may not be relevant: none of which may be known until you deploy the configuration and suddenly things are worse than before you started.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SSO could be quite easy to setup for SAPGui access if you are in a full Windows envt.

It is not that complex either for portal (for BW system in case BexWeb is used)

It is just a mater of few hours per server, lets say one day because you will have some info to update in every user account.

It should be tougher in Unix envt from what I've read on SCN but I've never tried yet.

I've never worked on BPC so I can't tell.

352295 - Microsoft Windows Single Sign-On options

Regards

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Best practices are:

- Search and read, there is a lot of information on that subject on SCN

- Perform some tests, and then, if you get into trouble, I'm sure you'll find help here.

I feel disturbed by your question, as if you were not requesting help from the community but trying to have something done by the others.

Anyway, if you are really looking for a time estimate please provide basic information such as OS, SAP version, kind of directory used...

Regards