cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same authorizations - different results with deploying VC Models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been investigating authorization issues for Visual Composer. We are using VC 7.3 SPS09.

So here is the issue:

- We have created a full VC role that has all the authorizations. For my user everything works perfect, I can perform all actions and deploy the models WITH data.

- Now the problem is that when I try the same with another user, he sees NO data when deploying the model, although he has the same role.

- To test if it was related to his/my user, I created a dummy user which I assigned only the VC-role. Now that works perfect as well.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause the issue for the second user, are there any SAP roles that conflict with a portal VC role?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jan Nackaerts

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_moshkovich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Probably, your VC model is running some services/bapi's in the backend.

So, the problem could be that the problematic user don't have enough authorizations in the backend.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick response.

The VC model retrieves information from BI Sources from the local BPM System.

If I'm not mistaken, it only retrieves information from the BPM system and nothing from the backend.

The model that is used checks for example how many processes,tasks where started in the past period on the BPM system upon which the client developed a sort of master data workflow tool.

Then the user might be missing some additional BPM roles, but I don't just want to give him an admin role to make sure that everything is working.

Anyway, very strange than that the dummy user is able to load and see the data will it only has the very standard SAP role that everyone has & next to that the VC-role.

Any further advice is welcome,

Jan

mark_moshkovich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Could you provide us with screenshot of the model in design time and runtime.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added a screenshot of the model in design time, but maybe more important, the data sources that I used.

Then the second one is in runtime, as you can see, I have graphs, but if I load the model with another user, the graphs are not there..

If you need something else, please ask.

Already thanks for your support.

Kr,

Jan

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this help page:

Real-Time Reporting with Visual Composer - Modeling Processes with Process Composer - SAP Library

about real time reporting with VC. The 'Note' part is the one that should fit best:

"After the VC model is created, you can display in report data for BPM_MY_PROCESSES_DS
and BPM_MY_TASKS_DS DataSources if your current user has the necessary
authorizations.

For BPM_MY_PROCESSES_DS DataSource, your user
needs to be assigned to a role which gives you access to the particular process
instance, for example Business Process Administrator
role.

For BPM_MY_TASKS_DS DataSource, your user needs to
be assigned to a role which gives you access to the particular task instance,
for example Potential Owner , Actual Owner
, Business Administrator , and so on.

In case your user is not assigned to any of these
roles, you can display data for the mentioned DataSources if your user is
assigned to the SAP_BPM_SuperDisplay or SAP_BPM_SuperAdmin
roles. For more information about roles, see Authorizations
and Roles
."

Regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anja,

I added the SAP_BPM_SuperDisplay role to one of the users and with success, he is now able to see the model in run time.

Kind regards,

Jan

Answers (0)