Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Archiving for SAP ECC6

former_member209962
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are planning to do data archiving for our SAP ECC6 system, this is mainly for FI can you please let me know the process like from BASIS perspective what are the things needs to be done and from functional side what things to be done.

We are not planning to store data in external storage/system as we need archive data for refernce hence archiving data will be  on sap database. Will there be any impact? 

What are the responsibilities of functional consultants in archiving process mainly who is responsible for doing this archiving job?

Kindly let me know the steps to be perform archiving in sap database.

Thanks

Tabrayz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tabrayz,

You might wanna start analyzing the DB for the large tables ( use the SAP Data Management Guide ), sort them and you consult FI guys to plan the rest of the activities.

Useful Documents in this regards would be

SAP Data Management Guid

BIT660

Performance Aspects of Data Archiving

Best Regards

Kiran Deverla

former_member209962
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the information my question is it mandatory to have external storage such as DMS or CommonStore (IBM) for archiving

Can we save archived file in sap database it self if  yes then how?

Thanks

Tabrayz

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tabrayz,

As informed through mail.

I would say it not mandatory to have External Storage like ( through archive line IXOS,Content Server ) you can also put it on a drive where SAP can access it again because functional consultant can read it.

once you archive data there is no way you can put it back in the Database. and DB needs to be re-organised to release the space after archiving.

Best Regards

Kiran Deverla