SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLcM Structural Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have created a structural authorization profile so as to control that the university 's departments can maintain, edit, display only the students of their department - program of study.

I have problem: when a department is creating manually a new student (only personal data) and later they try to find him, they can't. This is because this student has no relationship created to the specific O or SC of this department.

How can I overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance

Regards

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John;

Two options:

1. manual create the link in the tab "Study Data" (assigned org unit). This creates the A/B 502 relation to a org unit.

2. more advanced via the Badi Process after input and automatically assign a certain org unit. OR via the BRF engine.

Kind regards

Rob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John;

Two options:

1. manual create the link in the tab "Study Data" (assigned org unit). This creates the A/B 502 relation to a org unit.

2. more advanced via the Badi Process after input and automatically assign a certain org unit. OR via the BRF engine.

Kind regards

Rob

silke_jakobi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

you could also try to use a different evaluation path in your structural authorizations. Not such a one where student is derived directly from Org unit but via program of study.

Kind regards,

Silke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Loannis,

This might be a very late reply but you can display the students by giving an ALL display structural profile and they will be able to see the student and this will also give the department authorization to view all other students in across the university.

Best Regards,

Mohammed