cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do the configuration to allow budget check at PO level and not PR level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

May I know how to do configuration to allow only budget check at PO level and not PR level? The requirement is when budget is exceeded at PR level, only warning message is displayed and when convert PR to PO, if budget is exceeded, error message is displayed and does not allow to convert to PO.

I have done the configuration as per below:

I manage to create PR when budget is exceeded and warning message is displayed. However, I am able to convert PR to PO as well although budget is exceeded.

May I know how to solve this? Or any configuration issue with this?

Thanks and regards,

Jessie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am still able to create PO when budget is exceeded for certain WBS. Some of the WBS, I can't create PO when budget is exceeded.

There is one WBS under project A1, I am able to create PO with budget exceeded 28.47 USD, if exceeded more than 28.47 USD, I will only hit error message. However, another WBS under project A1, I am not able to create any PO when budget is exceeded.

I tested on another project, project A2, I am able to create PO with budget exceeded more than 151 USD.

Kindly advise what can be the reason.

Thanks and regards,

Jessie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run in seq:

1)CJEN( Reconstruct Project infor database)

2)CJBN (Reconstruct Availability Control)

After running these tranx, check again by creating PO.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Apart from that, I tried to create PR and PO using other project WBS. When budget is exceeded, the PO can't be created. So it is only that project with issue.

Besides, I think that means config no issue and OSS works?

Thanks and regards,

Jessie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jessie,

Budget availability check can be done in Local currency or Controlling area currency, Object currency or the

Transaction Currency.  Please see the below config in Budget Profile.

We dont have any option to budget check at local currency ( Company Code) it seems.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have implemented OSS 955107 for testing. However, I am still able to create PO with tolerance of 20 USD. Any idea why?

As an example, I have budget of 1000USD and I have created the PR with 1005 USD, I am still able to proceed to create the PO with 1005 USD, I will only hit error message when I create PO with 1020 USD.

Could you please advise?

Thanks and regards,

Jessie

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jess,

In your example.. Have you created the PR after the OSS implementation? ( if you created  it before you need to reconstruct the  budget availability control). If you created it  after OSS. Something is wrong ( or the OSS impementation or the settings) .

TRy o create the same example but with a PR = 15000000000 ( the systes should let you) ifnot the OSS is not correct implemented.

REgads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

I have created the PR after the OSS implementation and I did reconstruct the budget availability control as well.

I created a new PR with 100,000 USD value while budget is exceeded by -1USD. When I tried to create PO with 100,000 USD, I hit budget exceeded error message. However, when I key in 17 USD, I am able to create the PO. If I key in 18 USD in PO, the error message is Budget  was exceeded by 0.53 USD in document item 010 WBS element xxx.

The tolerance limit I set for this Profile as per attached. Is that anything wrong with the configuration?

Besides, is that any possibility that this is due to exchange rate? This is because the PO currency is SGD, the USD will be converted to SGD. However, controlling area currency is USD

Thanks and regards,

Jessie

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jess,

BUdget availability check can be done in Local currency or Controlling area currency ( check your budget profile to see what is defined). If it is defined controling area the system will check USD ( you need to know the value of this PO in USD). Not sure what is your local currency ( check it and check if your availavility control is checking this amount)

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank you for your help. I have now changed the configuration as per below screen shot:

I have configured Tr Grp ++ with warning at 80% and error message at 100%, Tr Grp 00 with warning at 100% and error message at 120%, Tr Grp 01 with warning at 80% and error message at 100%.

Is that means that all other activity group apart from PR and PO will follow the tolerance limit I set for Tr Grp ++?

Then tolerance limit for PR will follow tolerance limit I set for Tr Grp 00 and tolerance limit for PO will follow tolerance limit I set for Tr Grp 01?

Appreciate your advise. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Jessie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessie,

Yes, you are correct. ++ Tolerance group will be restricted to all activity groups. Similarly, 00 and 01 will be restricted to only those budget profiles where you want the system to check budget exceeds message for PR and PO only.

Why don't you test this scenario in your development/quality client. It will clear your doubts.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have tested but I am still able to create PO although budget is exceeded as long as my PO same value with the PR that I created. I will only get error message when the PO value is more than my PR value.

Could you please advise how to stop PO to be created whenever budget is exceeded although PR can be created?

Thanks and regards,

Jessie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessie,

Would it be not good if you use tolerance group as ++ for all activity groups and let the system do the check against budget exceed for everything. Try not to use 00 and 01 in any of the cases. I don't know whether it suits your business process or not.?

or try to change the usage of Tr Grp 01 to 90% or 95%.

Try this.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

My business process needs to allow PR to be created even budget is exceeded but disallow PO and other transaction to be created/posted if budget is exceeded, thus I have configured PR to show warning message at 100% and error message at 200% while PO and all activity groups to show warning message at 80% and error message at 100%.

Is this the correct way to configure?

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jess,

Your settings are not oing o achieve your requeriment. If the PR s taking in the consumed budget ( independent on your tolerances is not going to be taken again in the PO). You have 2 solutions

1) deactivate the commitment generation for PR ---> then the system won't generate commitment document when you create PR ( can be onfigured by controlling area)

2) Implement OSS 955107, in this case the PR will generate comkitted doucment but this amount won't consume budget ( there wouldn't be budget availability checjk) the budget ccheck will be in the PO

I hope this can be useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have implemented OSS 955107 for testing. However, I am still able to create PO with tolerance of 20 USD. Any idea why?

As an example, I have budget of 1000USD and I have created the PR with 1005 USD, I am still able to proceed to create the PO with 1005 USD, I will only hit error message when I create PO with 1020 USD.

Could you please advise?

Thanks and regards,

Jessie

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jess,

Make changes to the configuration Tr.Grp 00 - Act =1 at 100, Tr.Grp 01- Act =1 at 80 and 3 at 100.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jess,

As Amit saying, is correct. You have not defined tol. limit correctly for your requirement.Follow the procedure told by him.

Also Go thru the link below for more understanding:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e06f2cbb-d8e4-2d10-84a7-c37dd27ac...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/06/0ea837a703934de10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jess,

As I can see from screen shot attached. Here, you have not defined tolerance group properly. If you can opt from the options then you will have ++ (for all activity groups), 00 (for PR), 01 (for PO) and so on.

Based on this, you can defined your Action and Usage.

For eg:

If budget is consumed at 100% or 90% or 80% then you can make system issue a proper warning, error message, mail to person responsible as per settings maintained in Action.

After this, don't forget to mark Activation Type as 01 under Availability Control in Budget Profile (OPS9)

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria