cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process a sales project in SD module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a sales business scenario, but I don't know how to implement in SAP. The business scenario is as follows:

- Company A will sell a batch goods to its customer B. But, this is a large sales project. So, A should create a series of sales orders to process the corresponding part of this sale project. As you know, in a sales order the material is a item and it can be organized by a order. Now, company A wants to consider the each of these sales orders as a single item. So, the large sales project can be considered as a 'Order'. In this case, the company could define some information such as pricing conditions for each order in highest level of this sales project.

Is anyone know how to implement that in SAP?

Looking forward to receiving your replies. Thank you very much!

Justin,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

You could use WBS configuration (Project systems)......and spilt the project into several WBS elements. wherein each material or a line item is treated as an activity. you can also configure several pricing conditions as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giridhar,

Thanks for your reply! It's a good choice to use PS to process this business scenario. But, it seems that will be complicated than olny using SD module to process it. Do you have any other idea?

Justin,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! Justin,

I can suggest two ways of achieving this:-

1) Use document type WK2 in t.code va41(i.e. basically use the contract facililty), next as and when required create sales orders with reference to the contract.

this way you can define a pricing for the contract(I dont think this will be a issue for you, in case you want how to have a pricing arrangement for a contract I will give you the steps) and apply it to all sales orders created with reference to the contract.

2) Apply a billing plan to your item category in the t.code OVBK, with billing blocks on the billing dates, so you can create invoice when actual supplies are made to the customer.

Do give your feedback.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pathik,

Thanks for your helpful reply! I think that the first way may solve my problem. I am not clear about the contract, so I'm not sure whether the first way could be answer.

As we know, the sales document could organize some materials, and specify pricing conditions, schedule lines, delivery or billing info for each item. By the way, is there a document in SAP which can organize sales orders? In this document, the item object is a sales order. And, document could define pricing conditions, release date info or billing info for each item order. In this case, it seems that item order is considered as a material in this document. Use could control higher level info for every orders. Finally, a large sales project can be splited as a series of orders, but these orders could be organized by a business document...

I don't know whether the current SAP system has this function. If it doesn't, may be I will try another way to figure out my problem. _

Does the contract document have the function as which I describe above?

Thanks,

Justin