cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems when creating Namespaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Created a project in SLD and import that project across into the ESM when I try and add namespaces I get the following error.

I have added the roles suggested in other SCN posts around XI roles, I have also tried creating a new profile in the ESM with admin roles. Again I hit against this issue.  Any help around this would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this if it helps you.

also try to select unrestricted profile as per page no 7.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50a3efb4-57a1-2d10-a6b9-fed6d2179...

Regards,

Muni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

I used the unrestricted profile as you suggested this made no difference I also stepped back and reimported in that profile again this made no difference. I have marked your answer as helpful as it lead me to the full documentation. However I have still not found a solution as of yet

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With support from SAP (130865 / 2014 ) we were advised to fix the issue as follows:

1) Navigate to: http://host:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/com.sap.xi.adminweb/AdminApp#

2) Pick AII properties on the left hand side.

3) Follow these steps:

"Navigate to the overview page and select the active template in the

template section at the top of the page.

The template must have an instance ID when it is expanded. In the

details section, choose the 'Services' tab page and search for 'XPI Service’.

Select the service 'XPI Service: All Config Service' with the component name 'com.sap.aii.utilxi.cfg.svc’.

If necessary, change any properties in the 'Extended Details' section at the bottom of the screen"

4) Set the following property to: com.sap.aii.ib.server.acl.enable =

false

5) Restart the XPI Service.

Note: changing the following property (com.sap.aii.ib.server.acl.enable) in the application: com.sap.xi.repository will not fix the issue you must change the property in the XPI Service.

raviteja_satuluri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi It seems to be You are Not Authorized to Create a Name space

Please Contact Your Basis Team

And One more thing Check The Name space where You are Creating

Is it Under Specified Product Or Not ??

Thanks

Ravi

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ref below link and activate authorization checks please.

Activating ES Repository Properties for Authorization

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean ,

Please set "com.sap.aii.util.server.auth.activation" to false, and restart the j2ee engine(may not be required; only if you face the issue again) .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Logesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Logesh,

We are on 7.31 single stack. Have checked in the repository and it appears we dont have that property ? Is there anything else we should be looking for ? To check for the property I used the following file :-

Activating ES Repository Properties for Authorization - SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment - SAP ...

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to check in the administration. i am using pi 7.4 single stack.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Sean,
      Set
'com.sap.aii.ib.server.acl.enable'  to False
If it is already false,manually create

'com.sap.aii.util.server.auth.activation'
and set it Flase
Regards,
Logesh
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

Have checked there now and it seems it is already set to false. So this is yet another dead end.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to assign all groups to your user. just thinking it may work.

User Management and Authorization Concepts (AEX) - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security

Guide - SAP Library

is the system newly installed?

if it is old one check if anyone created the namespace. may be you can compare your roles other users.

take a help from basis.

Can you please paste the error logs here?

Regards,

Muni.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean - Can you make you sure you have the role "SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER"

Refer to the below blog for the authorization to edit/create name space.

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/netweaver/xi/xiauthorizations.htm

You can try assigning this role explicitly and see if that fixes your issue.

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post error logs please.? if the error still persist.

Regards,

Sunil

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Could you try with another PI user as PISUPER for example?, it's to know if the problem is with your user particularly or with any PI component. Are you using PI 7.31 single or double stack?

Regards.

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Double click on the Software Component and check whether the option - "Objects are Original Objects" and "Objects are Modifiable" are already checked or not. These need to be checked otherwise you will get unauthorized error while modifying any objects under the corresponding SWC.

/A.B

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Please check this  1690250 - Error when executing Display/Edit in PI ESR/Directory , there are some recommendations to do.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki.

Been through that doc, recommends alot of the things I have already completed, as shown below I am already on the unrestricted user profile previously I created an admin role as defined in that document, all to no avail.

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Above screen shot is saying, you don't have proper authorization for creation name space under softwarecomponent.

please check with below option in your system.

Double click on respected software component and check the option 1. Object are Original Object & Object are Modifiable.

this option will allow you to modify the objects

thanks & Regards,

Kesava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

Both of those items are selected I believe this is done by default but I have tried un-selecting saving, re selecting and saving again. This has had no difference i'm afraid.