Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open CV03N in web browser?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the users wants to access CV03N.

What I'm trying is

1) I'm having SAP GUI shortcut file in my desktop. I have given CV03N transaction as the default setting for this SAP GUI shortcut.

Now, I want to place this shortcut in a web browser so that all the users can access CV03N transaction. Is it possible?

2) iview method... which requires webdynpro....  But I'm looking for a simpler solution as point# 1.

Can anyone help me on this topic... Thanks!!!

Regards,

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

Can you please elaborate in details the purpose of opening tcode cv03n in internet browser by users. Normally GUI shortcuts can be opened only by SAP GUI.

And moreover all over the world, people use cv04n for finding & opening the documents.

If users wants to access the DMS documents through web browser, then it can be done using ITS or PLM 7 using NWBC HTML version.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for your mail!!!

Here, Our users wants to access the document details. We had ITS earlier. that was implemented to particular unit.

Now we have a request from another unit, So We want to make it simpler. is there any possibility that we can access the documents via browser?

Regards,

Saravana

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

ITS implemented once can be used everywhere if the server is same. So you can use the same for other unit also.

The other option available is PLM 7 which is webgui based solution for SAP DMS, Material Master, BOM, Engineering change management system.  This is not only web based gui, it has also features like ACC/ACM (Access control Management) which can be used to provide direct access to a document in DMS to a business partner with access restrictions to other documents..

But this costs for an organisation since it needs separate licences.

In my opinion, ITS can be used. But if you find other features of PLM7 is useful for your organisation, the you can think of it.

Regards,

Ravi