cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to proxy with attachements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i am working on a scenario, i want to pick file from file server and send it to ECC side as proxy attachment.

any extra setting need to be done in file adapter to send the attachment to proxy side??

regards,

chinna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

>>any extra setting need to be done in file adapter to send the attachment to proxy side??

It all depends on exact requirement of your scenario. What is main payload for your proxy? and what is the file type that you are trying to send to ECC as an attachment via proxy?

If you think that main payload strucutre has no significance in your proxy code logic, then you can create the attachment from the incoming file content and then set some static values to proxy structure using java mapping in PI

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks praveen for the quick response.

there is no payload structure for this scenario, i need to pick the pdf file from file server and send it to ECC side as proxy attachment.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

If that is the case, then just use a dummy data type for your inbound proxy and then code it accordingly.

Regards,

Mark

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Since it is mandatory to have a structure for proxies, you can create root node with one field for your proxy. As I mentioned earlier, create a java mapping to read the incoming PDF file and then set it as attachment for your proxy. Proxy structure can have some static value for field all the time from your java mapping code

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Read the main file and write an java mapping or adapter module to set the file content as attachment and send it to ECC.

Check the blog for sample code

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

The additional files option is only available for NFS and it seems only one file will be picked up. So the best option would be to create an attachment in PI via UDF or Java mapping. No additional settings are to be made in the File sender channel.

Regards,

Mark