cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow approval issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have a situation. Let me explain our setup. We have 3 stages for access request approval.

1st Stage - Dummy stage to split the roles which dont require approval

2nd Stage - Role owner stage (based on custom BRF rule)

3rd Stage - Security stage (based on custom BRF rule)

This setups work just fine, if we select only roles in the access request. But we want to allow both system and role selection in the access request. When we mix it up the workflow generates "ROLE_APP_MISSING" as it checks the custom BRF rule  for the line item "SYSTEM". So I added a line in my ROLE OWNER BRF rule for the system alone. Now at the approval we get notified only for the system (though there are role line items as well) and when the system is approved the whole "ROLE OWNER" stage (stage setting is set to role level) is approved and moves to next stage.

So I tried few other options like introduce new stage with routing rule to split the SYSTEM line items. It doesnt work either, whenever the request has system its getting handled as one whole request irrespective of other role line items.

Any suggestions.

Regards,

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

at your first stage create routing rule.. to seperate stage where you need role owners,

route for those role whihc has role owners.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your response.

My workflow works just fine when I add only roles in the access request. When I add system to it the workflow says approver not found. When I add line item for system in BRF and approve it, the whole request get approved and not expecting the approval from role owners.

My questions.,

- is it right to add system and roles in one access request

- how the approval has to be handled separate for system and roles

- is system approval is always at the request

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu