Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sm_workcenter versus CRM_UI

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I just wanted to clear the air regarding these 2 transactions mentioned in the subject. To my understanding both can be used for Incident management, aren't they? CRM_UI seems to be more advanced and also allows to use Change management etc. What is the best practice in the usage of Workcenter or IT Service Management?

In my case i need to implement Incident management and connect it to SAP, which is being done already, but now I'm digging deeper and looking forward to achieve more benefit from SolMan.

regards, Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Earlier this wasn't the case because we were not using advanced version of CRM in Solution Manager 7.0

but from solman 7.1 onwards since we are using advanced version of CRM which is the WEB UI you are switched to this mode or basically this transaction is called even you use sm_workcenter.

the best way is to always use the Workcenter concept because it is based upon the CENTRALIZED access for all the functionalities/modules of solution manager including Project Management/Change Management/Template  Management/Technical Monitoring etc.

so you can use below tcodes/url for the same

Solman_workcenter(within solman system)

Sm_workcenter URL outside solman system

also workcenter roles need to be assigned additional to authorization roles so make sure these are assigned to the user

for e.g incident management

you need to have roles like

SAP_SMWORK_BASIC

SAP_SMWORK_INCIDENT_MAN

and PFCG role assigned to your business role

otherwise even your users have SAP ALL, they can't see workcenter tabs.

also check below document about workcenter concept

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000871562011E

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mister,

Work Centers are used for many features in Solution MAnager. Not only ITSM CHArm etc. it is used also used for BPM, Tech Monotoring etc.

From SAP Solution Manager 7.1 , For ITSM and ChaRM you need to use CRM UI as the functionality is embedded in CRM Web UI..

Workcenters can be used for some limited purposes for logging an incident.. keeping track of the incidents etc...

For  ITSM / CHaRM - CRM UI usage is must. Work center usage is optional.

When you use ITSM , there are many ways to log an incident. One of them is you can log the incident from workcenter as well..

Thanks,

Jagadish.