cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Options in IdM 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have ERP6 EhP5 ABAP and want to explore what options I've to achieve SSO between SAP ABAP systems, email, non-SAP intranet portal, ...etc,  using IdM 7.2 bundled capabilities?

I want to achieve that without having to buy any additional SAP licensed product (i.e NW SSO) or any third party one (i.e MS AD)?

Is it achievable? If yes, in which scenario?

Appreciate any hints.

Thanking you in advance.

Rgds,

Sheikh Saggaf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The most secure solution is to use a full SSO solution.  However if you're looking for something more basic (and affordable) look at this document on IDM based password management.

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheikh,

As you mentioned that you don't want to buy any other SAP Licensed products or other third party products, I am afraid that it is not possible to achieve SSO with the IDM 7.2 bundled capabilities.

If you have plans to purchase a licensed software, I suggest you to go for SAP NW SSO solution as suggested by   which has strong SAP & Non-SAP SSO capabilities.

All the best !!

~ Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the reply.

I'm still a bit confused about the actual role of NW SSO especially when IdM 7.2 (with SAML 2.0) is playing our primary role and solution for identity management.

According to the below link, I don't need NW SSO to achieve SSO! I can achieve that using IdM 7.2 + SAML 2.0 protocol. Is my understanding correct?

Could any body elaborate and explain it?

Single Sign-On with SAML 2.0 and ABAP Systems Supporting SAP Logon Tickets - Security and Identity M...

Thanking you.

Rgds,

Sheikh