Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change field text for Tracking scenario dropdown in search panel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we are using EM 9.0 for UI .

There is one requirement to change the text for Tracking scenario which is a drop down field in search panel. We wanted to change the field text as "search for" instead of tracking scenario. how to achieve this , is it possible to change with any UI settings or this should be done thru webdynpro standard code change in webdynpro component for /saptrx/em_fpm_ui? or standard EM UI config

Please get back to me if you have any solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Please find attached screenshot for more details.

We wanted to change the text in EM 9.0 UI as highlighted in the below screenshot. please let us know whether this can be done thru any webdynpro UI settings or EM config or thru webdynpro ABAP standard code change.

Thanks

Sudhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

you can create a customized version of the standard EM UI by adding "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL. You can then customize the page:

In the customized component you can change e.g. the OTR texts that are used for the different label and headings to fulfill your needs.

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel.

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please provide the Alias name for these OTR texts for Tracking scenario and SAP Event Management   ( These two are highlighted in my above screenshot).

Then we will check whether can be edited with Tcode SOTR_EDIT in SAP EM system.

Please get back to me. Thanks.

Regards

Sudhan

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

I would suggest, that you create your own OTR text instead of changing the SAP standard ones. You can then exchange the used OTR text in the customizing for the web dynpro component. Check out this document on how to:

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

We have been trying to get the customized version of the standard EM UI by adding "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL. but we couldn't get the customized page as you mentioned above.

We have checked the required authorization to the user that user needs authorization S_DEVELOP or S_WDR_P13N. this authorization is already have to the user, but still we did not get the screen in customizing mode as you mentioned after adding the "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL. For us there is no difference in the screen after adding the "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL.

Kindly let me know whether any specific settings or change is needed to get the screen as you mentioned above after adding the "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL.

Please find the below screenshot for more details..

Please get back to me.

(The below two highlighted texts should be changed in EM UI)

Regards

Sudhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Could you please get back to me we wont be getting the screen like you showed in your screenshot after we added the "&sap-config-mode=X" to the URL , even though the user has the required authorization as given in the document link shared by you.

Please let us know whether we can do any other changes to get the required screen in custom mode. in addition to the above changes.

Regards

Sudhan

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

sorry, but I am not an expert in this area. Maybe you should check if an answer for this can be found in some other SCN group (web dynpro?).

If you find the answer, please post it here as well.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I found the solution for the same.

Please find the below link for the same.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhan

Answers (0)