Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which part takes more memory?

former_member194142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have developed a WDA, unfortunately it's memory (menu - > WD - > Check -> Generation limit) crossed the limit of 1 MB, my WDA's is 1.6MB

Pls. let me know

1) In general in WDA, which part (view, context, window, component usage) consumes more memory/size?

2) How can I bring my WDA down to within limit i.e. 1MB?

Than ou

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP SAP SAP wrote:

I have developed a WDA, unfortunately it's memory (menu - > WD - > Check -> Generation limit) crossed the limit of 1 MB, my WDA's is 1.6MB

If you component's generation limit is crossed over 1 MB, its time to split the component into small components and integrate those components by using component usage concept.

As answered by Mr. Chandra,

Views consume more space as its a heavy element in WDA ( i.e, view contains layout, context nodes, attributes, etc. )

Do not have very huge view i.e. do not desing view with lot of ui elements. Try to keep it simple.

If you have to have a very complex application, split component into comp1, comp2, etc. and each component may have upto 5 views ( if its very small.. you can have upto 10 ).

Use these components in your main component and integrate the logic

Regards,

Rama

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To reduce memory of the component,

1. delete unwanted or unnecessary nodes,UI elements, methods, attributes etc.

2. If the logic is written in the component then move the logic to the assistance class immediately(  Right approach )

3. If the objects are very complex, then divide the into two or more components and make use of component usages concept.

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sankar gelivi,

as you said  ,,  If the logic is written in the component then move the logic to the assistance class immediately(  Right approach )

please suggest me in my scenaio : my scenario is  ..

In my compoenent i used lot of serviece calls for rfc's ,  so that for every rfc  there was one method  in component controller . how can i move these methods  from component controller to assistance class methods .,.. ?

It was created with node declarations and context , element declarations  as

data lo_nd_vbak type ref to if_wd_context_node.

wd_context , wd_this ,wd_comp_controller  and so on.

how can  i use these syntaxes in assistance class ? ....

when i copy these methods same  from component controller to assistance class  methods it was giving errors  with above declarations .. how can i remove of those .. ?

can u please  provide one document  or clear explanation please ,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't club your query with some other Query, create a new query if the different context is there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) In general in WDA, which part (view, context, window, component usage) consumes more memory/size?

Ans. 1st View then Window rest of all the things are normal..

2) How can I bring my WDA down to within limit i.e. 1MB?

Ans. By redesign the structure of you component.. means remove the useless part, reuse the view by using visibility...  split the component and use the component usage ..