Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File TO IDOC

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Am doing file to IDOC scenario, idoc is posted in ECC with error partner profile is not avilable.

I have created partner profile in ECC, is it required to create partner profile in PI also?

Regards,

Manigandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No, u don't need to create any partner profile in PI.

BTW, what's the error u are getting? Try to post as much relevant information as possible.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

File to Idoc Scenario,

Now error is Partner profile is not avilable. Plz tell me how to create partner profile

2) I have used only business component not business system, so there any settings required in Receiver agreement and source and receiver business component.

3) which all are the settings required in ECC side to receive the idoc

Regards'

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If i am not wrong u are implementing this as a pass through scenario (sometime back u have raised a thread on that) ?

If yes, then how you are filling control record segment in idoc or u are using Header mapping to populate it at runtime? Do one thing, disable settings in CC to read control record from Payload + use header mapping in receiver agreement  and then check.

2) I have used only business component not business system, so there any settings required in Receiver agreement and source and receiver business component.

>>Never tried using BC for ERP systems, but i believe at-least for inbound idoc this scenario should work.

BTW, not a good practice to use BC for App system.

3) which all are the settings required in ECC side to receive the idoc

>> Only partner profile is needed.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani - Just a thought..

Have you updated the adapter specific attribute for your business component manually? This should be done..

Refer to step 3.. though the below document is for outbound IDOC using business component..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd1...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pointer related to header mapping, so while using this option u have to make sure that the name of partner profile created in ECC is same as that of logical system name of BC/BS which u would select under RA (Header Mapping):

U can use this option also (below blog is for ABAP  idoc but apart from port setting in PI rest all configuration will be applicable for java idoc adapter also)

BTW, for both the options u have to disable "Apply Control Record from Payload" option in Idoc CC.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

>>is it required to create partner profile in PI also?

No need to create in PI.. as Amit mentioned

Do you have RFC destination between the system ?

Cheers

Agasthuri