Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro output to PDF file

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on Webdynpro ABAP, I got an unique requirement to convert Webdynpro output (view containing tables, graphics, etc) to the PDF file and it should get downloaded to local system.

There will be button (PDF download) on top of view. Onaction event of that button I need to write my code.

I have seen the on SDN that webdynpro abap view output can be sent to the print but this does not serve my purpose.

We are not using ADS to our system.

Please let me know, how can we achieve this functionality with code in webdynpro ABAP.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your reply.

I know that it can be achieved by using Smartform or Adobe form. But my issue is I do not want to go with Smartform and ADS is not integrated with the system.

As I say, View contains multiple tables, multiple graphics designs and more. Creating Smartform with all these objects will be a complex task. And also like doing coding again for same thing.

I just want to push my view output to the PDF file which I can download to my system.

Please let me know the process to achieve this functionalists.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think without any additional thing like Smartforms and ADS it will be possible..

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Well, if you don't want to design a form, you can use PRINT APPLICATION functionality and save it as pdf but using this, you only get the currently visible area of your application.

If you need to have PDF for whole application (i.e.  more than a page ), you have to go for either smartform / Adobe form design.

Regards,

Rama

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Gangappa.

We just do not want to use any form for the output. Will you please tell me the process to use PRINT APPLICATION functionality.

Is there any better way, so that we can have the PDF file for total output (area which are not visible on screen).

Please help on it.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not the unique requirement dear, this can be done using 'Smartforms' also...