cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am working on solution manager 7.1 sp10.

in step managed system configuration when i go to configure system we follow steps:

1 - assign product system

2 - diagnostic relevance

3 - assign logical component.

when first time i went through the above 3 steps and when i performed assign product system solution manager automatically assigned logical component as "SAP ECC ERP SERVER".

for HR update i had to remove logical component from this step. now when i run it doesnt assign logical component automatically. i have tried to assign manually but in the list SAP ECC ERP SERVER is no more available.

can some one please guide me how to solve this issue and get solution manager to a state that it assigns logical component automatically.

one more thing i want to mention here is that when first time i ran managed system configuration for my erp server it gave a popup asking if i want to add this system as solution. now even after deleting erp system from lmdb and reconfiguring it still its not giving that popup again for adding system in solutions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_kumar8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad,

You need to follow the below steps :

1. In case of ABAP system, you need to make sure that the SLD infomation for the ABAP system is uptodate. For registering ABAP system to SLD,

1.        Log on to the system to be registered.

2.        Call transaction RZ70.

3.        Enter the SLD service host and service (sapgwXX). These parameters are in SLD, under

Administration -- > Details

4.        Activate the configuration

5.        Start the data collector and job scheduling

ForFor  JAVA system ,

1.     Start the Visual Administrator. Under /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/j2ee/admin, start the go.bat or on UNIX the go.sh) with the user sid<adm>.

Connect with the default connection.

Choose Cluster -> Server -> Services -> SLD Data Supplier -> Runtime -> HTTP Settings

Enter the required data

2.  Create a copy of existing SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001 job and Run immediately to sync LMDB from SLD. Or you can wait  for the job to run as per schedule.

3. Go to the Managed system setup and the first step itself is assigning the product system, Dialgnostic relevance and logical system. Click on each of the link to configure it.

Please refer below link to make sure you assign the product system correctly :

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Maintenance+of+Product+in+the+System+Landscape

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any one knows this issue?

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammad, try that steps before togo to managed system setup:

1.- Update system info in solution manager SLD from managed system RZ70

2.- Once you have updated the system information in SLD, then wait some minutes until the data is replicated to Solution Manager LMDB

3.- Finish LMDB setup for that system, you have to check values on technical system and create a product system until you can finish Verification tool without any error log.

4.- After that assign your product system to a logical component, if you are on SP10 you can do that on LMDB if your are on a lower SP you need to do that from SMSY.

5.- Go back to Managed system setup and re-do all steps.

Hope that can help you.

Regards,

Luis