cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Stream

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I use oracle stream in SAP oracle database?  Is it certified in SAP?

Thanks.

Faheem Ansari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Oracle Golden Gate is so expensive. Can I use third party tools (etc DBVisit)? Please tell me any  third party tools which certified by SAP?

Thanks.

Faheem Ansari

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faheem,

you get what you pay for

It seems like you have a mission critical 15 TB system with the corresponding downtime requirement and in contrast to that you want to tinker with non SAP / Oracle certified solutions (i assume you refer to DBvisit Replicate) just to save a few bucks?

Triple-O was exactly designed for that - otherwise you can try to optimize your RMAN conversion procedure as 40 hours for 15 TB does not sound that well optimized neither.

SAP distribution monitor may also be a valid solution depending on the source data (ECC / BI) and your exact (downtime) requirements.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Faheem

nice question, bad answer :  105047 - Support for Oracle functions in the SAP environment

80. Streams
  • Cannot be used.

Regards

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to move database from big endian to little endian. My database size is 15 TB. When I I use transport tablespace or data pump. I  open database read only. it takes 40 hours. I want to minimize down time. What procedure can i adopt?

Thanks.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faheem,

we already discussed a few possibilities (also enhanced features with cross-platform transportable tablespace) in this SCN thread:

However Oracle Golden Gate (O2O Triple-O - details in SAPnote #1508271) would be another option. By the way Oracle Streams will be deprecated with Oracle 12.1 and you should use Oracle Golden Gate instead - so the Oracle product path is clear.

Regards

Stefan