cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA SPS 7 availability for different Cloud providers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know the SPS 7 stack is available on Amazon AWS. Does anyone know of whether and/or when it will be available for other Cloud Service providers. I am using Cloudshare which offers at the moment only SPS6. My experience with the demo content in the sap.epm.demo...-Schema was that there may be some missing metadata records as Synonyms for some tables in order to work properly with the ODBOProvider. Therefor I was wondering, if anyone may know about the general availability of the new SPS 7...

Thanks in advance...

regards

Ralf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Creating Synonyms is not SPS6 specific problem and creating synonyms for all Currency tables remove the package prefix

Currency Conversion feature has been there in HANA for a long time while this package prefix concept came with SPS05 and I guess it has not yet been integrated with package naming convention and thus Currency Conversion can't deal with the package prefix on the front of the table names

If you read the HANA SHINE Guide based on SPS07 that deals with EPM Demo Content, it clearly states that:

"You must run the data generation tool at least to create synonyms."

": Re-creates synonyms for the following tables, to enable currency conversions" - all Currency tables are mentioned there

Please read the below guide

http://help.sap.com/hana_one/SAP_HANA_Interactive_Education_SHINE_en.pdf

So moving from SPS06 to SPS07 is not going to help you

And from what I have observed, at present only AWS has SPS07 while Cloudshare is generally updated late

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

thanks for pointing out. With your help I solved the issue with the synonyms. I am not only interested in using the ODBOProvider for access to Excel. I am interfacing our product to SAP HANA as well. One of my observations is that there seem to be five Analytical Views in the demo content of SPS6 in my Cloudshare instance. None of them seem to have what is know as dimensions in OLAP, which are organized in more than one level per dimension. Therefor I was hoping to find better sample date for access through ODBO.

Although Lars Breddemann, I might spell this incorrectly mentioned that the SPS7 has not been made available to other Cloud Services than AWS. Do you use AWS for production purpose, or as a testing and development environment?

Thanks and Regards

Ralf

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't use AWS or any other cloud

I use Company's On Premise HANA Server

Regards,

Vivek

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralf,

Please refer below url

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

thanks for pointing out the link. I am not specifically interested in monitoring, but found other very interesting links there.

regards

Ralf