cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps to use Webi Rich internet/webi applet interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BO experts,

I have been using Webi thin client to build my reports, and I’d like now to build reports off Bex Query. I know
this requires Webi rich internet application, and that I need to download a
java component/??…to get it running. Can you guys tell me the steps I need to
follow so that I can use the webi applet interface and give the link to download the java file I need?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are on 4.0 the best approach to build Webi based on BICS connectivity using direct OLAP connection without using any intermediate universe.

If you do not have JAVA then you can download from the link here

Download Free Java Software

Also if you want to use the JAVA based panel then from lauchpad > Preference > Webi > change to Rich internet app..

Former Member
0 Kudos

BICS connection is only available within either Webi Rich internet application or Web Rich client. I'm not using webi rich client.  Also, from Webi preference, the Rich internet application is not available. I know It should be

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the screenshot below ; you should have that option in preference...

Can you post how the preference screen looks like if you can not see this option..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, the Rich internet application radio button (choice) is not available. There must be problems with my access level/privileges I was given. However, the man in charges of CMC administration cannot find the issue with my access level. What kind of access level/privileges should be enabled / granted to/for me so that I can have access to this version Webi? By the way, I'm not even able to log in into Webi Rich Client/Desk, I'm getting an error say that “I’m not authorized to access the Rich. What do me need to do or the CMC adm needs to do to get this working? He does not seem to know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The access for the rich client is different from the webi thin client.

The BO Admin has to grant the below right for your Id/group to access the rich client ...

CMC > Applications > Web Intelligence > Desktop rich Client Access ..

The BO admin should have setup this access to login using rich client..

Please let me know if you still face issue after this right is granted in CMC..

Answers (0)