jsanghvi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have around 50 Gb memory available.

Physical mem avail  Kb            49456936 -- 49 GB

Physical mem free  Kb              236760  --  236 MB only

But I see only 236 MB is free,

Is there a way I can find where my 49 Gb memory is occupied?

Regards,

Jigar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default Linux tries to occupy all available memory for disk caches, application caches and stuff like that.

So with 50 GB of memory it may be possible that only 10 GB is used by programs, and another 39.8 GB is used by the operating system for caches, large memory segments (which cannot be swapped) et. al.

If the performance of the system is good i wouldn't worry.

edit: ok, just saw your other thread regarding the same topic.

It looks like you've got some configuration issues, so please check the other thread for suggestions to solve the issue.

jsanghvi
Participant
0 Kudos

I have Performance issues.

I have dumps in ST22 regarding JOB failure due to lack of memory in increasing 8192 bytes in internal table

jsanghvi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I still have no idea , where 50GB RAM is allocated and how we can match the number.

For now, to resolve the memory issue, I increased the

Extended memory and Heap memory.

Regards,

Jigar

frank_danapfel2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

please have a look at SAP Note 1382721 - Linux: Interpreting the output of the command 'free' which explains how to interpret some of the memory figures on Linux.

Regards,

Frank Danapfel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

It is better to check from OS level, what are the process from OS level responsible by the memory utilization.

Regards

Clebio Dossa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, try transaction ST02 - Extended memory (size in the column "In Mem[KB]") for instance memory and transaction DB02-->Performance-->Performance overview: Data buffer size and Shared pool size for database. Regards. George.