cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP connection with authentification in IDM 7.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is about configuring an smtp repository for sending notifications. Is it possible, to configure it (directly in sap idm) for a smtp server that requires authentification?

I know that there is other software I can use between to fix it, but I want to know weather this can be done directly.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jonas,

Not sure what your question is exactly, but when you define the SMTP repository you can set up attributes for userID and Password for the account that is sending the email.  I believe it's the best practice.

You should also take a look at the RDS documentation, it has some good tips on using the notification templates.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your answer. If you are talking about the smtp-account, it hits my question. So wich are the attributes I have to define in the notification repository, just "userid" and "password"? They are not given by the config wizard / by default.

RDS templates are much better than standard templates, that's correct.

//Jonas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last time I saw this requested it was unsupported and someone (Matt 🙂 ) was about to put it on the Idea-place. Its still not implemented so some additional push might help, vote here:

Modification to uSendSMTPMessage function : View Idea

Br,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Per! I for myself don't need that feature, I just want to be able to tell my customers about that fact and that they need smtp server without authentification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonas,

If this feature is very important this could be done with only a few lines of JAVA code using the class-import e.g. importClass(Packages.javax.mail.*) and some code around the "javax.mail.Authenticator()".

But it would be a good idea to add this to uSendSMTPMessage also.

Br,

Gunnar

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

D'oh! I can't even remember what I've forgotten!

Answers (0)