cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prerequisites for shelf life

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used the standard shelf life characteristics LOBM_APO_SL_MIN, LOBM_APO_SL_MAX and LOBM_APO_SL_UTC to transfer the dates into APO.

the objective of this is only to get the batch dates in APO (production date, availability date).

We do not want to use the shelf life planning functionality in APO (SNP and PPDS)

My concern is that just because I have used the standard shelf life characteristics in APO, would that cause the shelf life functionality to be called?

is there any way that i can define my own characteristics and send them over to APO, so that shelf life planning is not considered at all.

Can custom characteristics be attached to a batch classification and sent over to APO to capture the various dates on a batch?

Thanks,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Also make sure that the "Plng with Shelf Life" flag is not set in the material master. This would make sure none of the planning engines in APO consider the product as Shelf life enabled.

SNP heuristic doesn't support shelf life planning. There is a separate planning book for shelf life which is only meant for reviewing.

SNP optimizer supports shelf life but whether shelf life is considered or not can also be controlled via the optimizer profile.

Within CTM also, you can control it via the CTM profile.

Some of the PPDS heuristics considers shelf life but as long as the "Plng with Shelf Life" flag is not set none of the planning engines will consider it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The shelf life functionality is controlled by implementing the shelf life key figures in a planning book and if you have not done this then you should not have any problems with shelf life planning running unexpectedly.

I have not tried to transfer custom characteristics - I cannot see why it would not work.

Regards