cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Posting block in Customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an issue where I have automatic posting block in CMR, also there is no change log in the master data.

How can I check how it is changed?

Regards,

Paritosh Pandey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I checked the issue and it was because of a mass change carried out on one of the field in customer master,

As i also check that if you do a mass change , there are no change log in customer master record.

Thanks to all for their inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paritosh,

Can you confirm if the mass update was done using any custom program or standard one.

I understand when we do a mass change using standard transaction code MASS, change log do get updated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used XD99 and it did not get updated for customer groups.

So, I guess it does not update.

thanks

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member207059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I presume the Customer Master Creation happens thro Interface from other system. Normally when the customer is created thro Interface, there will be an automatic Block set and later it will be removed by the Authorized person, so that the Business can start using the Customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if there are any interface feeding. I would start by checking if there is any IDOC WE02 with message type DEBMAS inbound. It may be integrated with Sales force and IDOC are used to keep customer masters in sync between the two systems, but the customers coming in may come with a blocked status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP,

You can check in field changes normally (Change log).

Based on your inputs, it seems the customer came on block and there was NO log tracked.

This is quiet very much possible as some other program updates / access the CMR and leaves no trace (purely custom program developments / jobs - check) hence, specially from Credit management side if there is anything running periodically.

Another quick way to check is if this has happened in Production environment, check the same customer in Quality system, if refresh has not happened recently.

Share your findings !!

Thanks

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paritosh,

Please check table cdhdr, cdpos you can see the changes whose has done , when and which fields changed i.e. new value or old value.

check t-code : S_ALR_87012182

Regards,

Raman

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can directly open the customer in XD02 and check the changes,whether you are aboe to see the changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

That is the problem , I am unable to see the changes in the customer master.

Regards,

Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paritosh,

Where are you seeing automatic posting block in CMR?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pandey

Is it happening to all the customers, or only for few . Normally this kind of issues also arises when at the time of creation itself i customer master data uploaded by LSMW in to sap system along with the block.

Best Regards

Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN XD05

Former Member
0 Kudos

It happened for few customers. The customers are available from past few years. So, i do not think it will be a LSMW problem.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pandy,

Did you check in here?

After clicking on chages you will get screen as below and double click on billing block again then it will show who has done the changes. am sure here only you will come to know who has blocked the customer if it was blocked in XD05.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check if it is blocked in FD05 against the company code

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is blocked

but we do not know how it is blocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paritosh

In customer master - environment - account changes - all fields - check if its showing who has set the block, according to you its not showing the changes, then i advise try setting the removng the block manually for testing and save and see if that changes are shown

Also see if there is any Job run which is happening in your system which is automatically setting this block?

Best Regards

Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waseem,

I tried removing the block

and those changes were shown in the change log.

I checked the jobs , found nothing

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You mean, in FD05 changes were not updated?

FD05 is done manually, it is not by job

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the exact err you are facing and in which T.Code?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not facing any error message or something. Few of the customer master have posting block and we do not have any information about it in change log.

Regards,

Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh

I have no idea who did the changes.

I checked in Account changes, could not find any log for the posting block.

Regards,

Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paritosh,

Pl elaborate. I'm not able to understand your issue.

Thanks.