Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Regarding Block planning

Crearted CDP class 400 with characteristic values  - same class has been attached in resource and product.

As per attached screen shot, my expection is order 108163 has to be moved to block 104 as values is same WK3.

Please advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi SDB SDB,

Were the characteristic requirements for the block basis definitions been maintained for the model-independent version in /SAPAPO/RES01?

Is block planning consideration active in the strategy profile you're using to create the orders or in the strategy settings of the heuristic?

Is the block planning class assigned to the block planned activity in the PDS?

If you display the details of the block planned activity in the order details in /SAPAPO/RRP2, are you able to see the valuation of the activity?

That's all I can think of.

Regards,

Tiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tiago,

But  let me how to assign the planned order to block ?

In below screen shot, Resource is showing load on block in same period

Checked - /sapapo/cdps_reprt   report

0 Kudos

Hi SDB SDB.

A Planned Order is not assigned to a block. Rather, activities of a planned order can be planned in a block planning scenario.

In general, if the block planning class is assigned to the activity in the PDS (as shown in the third screenshot from my previous reply), the classification of the planned orders you create will be propagated to the block planned activities (so the block planned activities themselves will be classified, not just the planned order).

Once the activity in a planned order is classified and that block planning is considered in the strategy used for scheduling (second screenshot from my previous reply), that activity will only be scheduled in a given block if this block is suitable.

In this case, during scheduling, liveCache will compare the classification of the activity with the characteristic requirements maintained for the block basis definition (first screenshot from my previous reply) of the block. If the classification of the activity matches the characteristic requirements of the block, the activity can be scheduled in that block (given enough capacity).

So, all of these settings need to be in place to work with block planning. Please, let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Tiago

Former Member
0 Kudos