Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI converstion error

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing IDOC-EDI file using "localejbs/GenericConverterModule" module in File adaptor, But it is through error in CC monitoring as follows...

for bean sap.com/converter~x12~x12moduleapp*xml|sap.com~converter~x12~x12module.jar*xml|X12ConverterModule in application sap.com/converter~x12~x12moduleapp.; nested exception is: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 12, Size: 10; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: ASJ.ejb.005044 (Failed in component: sap.com/converter~x12~x12moduleapp) Exception raised from invocation of public com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleData com.sap.aii.converter.x12.module.X12ConverterModule.process(com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleContext,com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleData) throws com.sap.

how to trace this error? Where I can get exact error?

plz find the screen shots...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja,

Based on the type of exception I'm guessing it has to do with the use of the parameter 'x12.fillUpToMinlength' where an index value is stretching further than the length of the array/string.  Maybe try without this parameter and see if you can convert the message.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I tried that one also, Still it is failing with the same reason, Here My point is how to look for exact error?

As per screen shots it is "Index Out of bound exception - - size is 10, pointing to 12" -- -- How to trace in which field it is getting failed?

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you would have to look through the logs to find any additional relevant data about the potential field that has the issue.  However, if you know that it is trying to fill the length to 12 you could also check your source XML message to see which fields have a length of 12 and narrow it down from there.

Also, are you using SP 1.0 or 2.0 for the B2B add-on?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Message was edited by: Ryan Crosby

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Ryan,

Yes I am using B2B add-on, SP - 5.

I can't able to find which is 11 or 12 character length from the EDI-XML file. not able to find the error where it is coming.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Khaja,

Please do check your version again. SP5 does not exist. Only SP2 has just been released by SAP.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

from ESR I can see the following information...

Version
Service Pack: 05
Release: NW731EXT_05_REL
Last Change: 273070
Sync Time: 2013/07/31 23:44:26
former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved it... in ISA segment I mapped with empty constants for fields I02, I04, , Now I mapped with values Now it worked.!!!

Thanks for Responses.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja,

Just for your information, that is the SAP PI SP level, not the B2B add-on SP.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja,

I guess you installed the B2B add-on? ( )

Or perhaps you use a third party product like Seeburger?

In case you have the SAP B2B add-on, please use module localejbs/EdifactConverterModule

Kind regards,

Dimitri