cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to open a file in CV03N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have one user that is not able to open the original file in CV03N. There is no error message, but the file is not open. It happens with PDFs and with DFTs and it does not depends on the SAP user, but the computer.

Does anybody know why this user is not able to open files??

Regards.

Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Some more clarifications required on your issue.

Whether the user is able to open other originals like excel sheets, presentations & other documents?

If yes, then the problem is with the default application used for opening the PDF extensions files.

Regards.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

The user is not able to open any type of documents, the problem is not only with acrobat.

Regards.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

In that case, we have to start afresh.. Can you please answer following queries from my side.

1) Whether only one computer/laptop is having this problem or the particular user is having problem? please confirm.

2) What is the temporary storage location path defined in DC20 settings?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi:

1) Whether only one computer/laptop is having this problem or the particular user is having problem? please confirm.

The problem is with this computer. Every user that is logged on SAP has the same problem.

2) What is the temporary storage location path defined in DC20 settings?

No path defined in DC20.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

In that case, no other option than re-installing the SAP GUI (May be you can try 730 gui version).

And also check whether in that computer the SAP working directory is available.

'C:\Documents and Settings\.........\SapWorkDir

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Ravi, Thanks.

I will update SAP GUI and see what happens.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is solved. I have been making some tests and I realize that the user was not able to open other kind of documents because he had no authorization, but with pdf the problem was the version. Acrobat 8 does not work.

We have changed the Acrobat version and know everything works.

Thank you all for your help.

Regards

Laura

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Good to hear that your problem is solved now..

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

This can be due to users "C" & "D" drive READ & WRITE access of his P.C. Please check whether this user have full permissions to C & D drive.

Also if User's P.C. have WINDOWS 7.0 Operating system then ADMIN rights are required to open the DMS files.

Plz check the above settings with ITFM team & confirm.

Thanks

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin,

All users have C" & "D" drive READ & WRITE access of their pc, so I think that it is not the problem. The operating system is windows XP.

I have copy the link in CV03N and copy it in start>execute and it works correctly.

I don't know what else to try.

Regards.

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

It might be because of security settings of the SAP GUI, which version of SAP GUI is installed on that computer. Just try to installed any lower version of SAP GUI on that workstation and see.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

SAP GUI version is 7.2 (the same as the rest of users).

I have check the security settings and the status is disabled.

Regards.

Laura