Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QI Stock to unrestricted

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear QM Diamonds,

We are facing one issure regarding  stock.

scenario is like this

GR has been done against Purchase order with selection of " Quality stock" but  In material master QM view & Inspection type not yet activated

EX :-  01.10.2013 date

02.10.2013 QM view & Inspection type has been activated and done GR's. But my issue is when i try first GR quantity with help of MB1B 321 movement  system not allowing posting  we are facing Error " stocking posting QM only"

if i try material cancellation also system not allowing  can any body have idea regarding this issue kindly guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it's possible to release the QI stock without Inspection stock. Even MBST will not work out in this case, system will throw error message as "Change Quality stock in QM only".

Work around will be

Refer Mr. Craig's message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the quantity is in quality stock you have to do what Jogeswara Rao Kavala is said above. Else you have to do the following

• deactivated Inspection type at QM View of material
  • Cancelled GR
  • Activate again inspection type at QM View of material
  • GR against PO, and the quantity will go to QI stock if "Post to insp. stock" indicator is checked at inspection type of QM view

A. Thomas

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

When Material is in Quality Stock, there must be an Inspection Lot, for which you are supposed tomake Usage Decision using Tcode QA32. After material passes this UD it is transferred automatically( through MovTyp 321)  into Unrestricted stock of the predefined storage location.

Jogeswara Rao K

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am agree what you suggest but my query is  user posted to quality without inspection lot it means without QM view  inspection type activatation. now stock lying in  QI. Later user activated inspection type in material master and Done GR's its working fine but for GR withou inspection lot we are unable to transfer QI stock into unrestricted through MB!B 321 movement.

Could you guide me how we can post to stcok QI to Unrestricted.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Have you tried to reverse the initial transaction by user?

i.e., You should be able to do it through Tcode MBST giving the Document number. After this everything should set right.

Jogeswara Rao K