cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow of down payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

i understood all steps regarding Down payment processing by this link http://scn.sap.com/thread/810960 Thanks to them

But where i confused is

now do the cycle    OR - LF - FAZ (billing doc type)

Generally we create invoice to customer erliar so but here they have mentioned the flow is as usewell

so plz tell me after creating all settings for down payment processing Diractly we can create the billing or we have to fallow this steps OR - LF - FAZ (billing doc type)

But we are doing like this what is use of down payment bz created order, delivery, and then biling

And we maintain billing date in sales order line item liverl billing plan tab here if we maintain perticuler billing date all billing dates will be blocked means user can create Billing only that day only ?

plz let me know

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Down payment is useful in case of Milestone and Periodic billing

For example, In the Milestone Billing scenario, customer orders for constructing a Big Equipment in which you will define various phases as milestone

Upon reaching each Milestone you will bill for agree amount to customer

for example

Design phase 10 %

Procurement  20 %

Testing Phase 20%

Assembling    20%

And downpayment as 30% which you want from the customer before starting Design

so once you have created Down payment with FAZ billing, still same sales order can be billed with remaining amount when ever the Milestone has reached

You have to use Billing Plan for it, hope you have got this information already from above link

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear plz tell me

Where we will maintain 10%or 20

Give me scenario plz

ex: i hav ecreated one Down payment billing for 10000 ( full amount) now created sales order and delivery

thease are with standerd one ?

and now we will create billing or not now

Plz plz give just flow thanks a lot

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will maintain the % values in Billing Plan

Down payment is generally taken as a percentage amount from the total billing value, If you are billing for the whole amount then it will be normal billing scenario and can't be termed as Down payment

regards,

santosh

Answers (0)