SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical Document Key 'G'

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have requirement to make liability GL entry only after receiving customer payment e.g. if $ 30 XYZ charge is posted on the account , and if customer makes $ 20 payment then .. I would like to credit $ 20 to liability GL account and not $ 30 (so not the charge which was posted). To achieve this - I used statistical key approach. First defined main sub with statistical key 'G' and mapped these statistical sub to real subs using posting area 1010. I also defined liability GL account for these real subs in EK02. 

My problem is - whenever I make a payment against these statistical charges, it actually not crediting against liability GL which is defined for real subs (EK02). Instead it is crediting completely different account. Am I missing some config here?

Could you please help me to resolve this issue as I am completely stuck here. Please also let me know if you think there is better way to address this requirement.

Regards,

A-jay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to update your g/l account in the path below

Ca/ar/ap--basic functions ---posting and documents---document---define account assignments for automatic postings -- automatic G/L account determination--define accounts for charges receivable revenue. Tcode -FQZB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to update your g/l account in the path below

Ca/ar/ap--basic functions ---posting and documents---document---define account assignments for automatic postings -- automatic G/L account determination--define accounts for charges receivable revenue. Tcode -FQZB

0 Kudos

Thank Santrupta. Question -

(1) it seems this node stores GL against each company code. Problem is - if I change GL account in this node, then all statistical 'G' transactions will start pointing to this new GL. is there any way to avoid this? I want this specific charge to go to a specific liability GL while other statistical charges should go to different GL.

(2) Is it possible to create new statistical key altogether?

(3) what is the use of posting area 1010 - if SAP defaults this GL anyway? My understanding was - 1010 helps to map these statistical subs to real subs - eventually referring to EK02.

Once again thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos

Hi ,

no this contains G/L against company code and main sub ,division, account determination id , if you cant see main sub , then click on go to in the top bar and select keys and activate which ever key fields required by you . if this does not help there is a supplement field activate it and use event 0165 to determine your account determination  .