cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI integration with Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement to integrate  My Sql data base with PI.  Basically wanted to have a batch job running in PI which will pull out data from the database table ,  thenlocally create the required xml msg in PI based on the pulled data &  submit the xml to another interface in PI.

Wanted to know ways to  do this in PI . Data volume is very high so any particular recommendation for scenario.

Thanks

Tusar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siddhardha_dnk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tusar,

You can achieve this using JDBC Adapter. It can process huge data as well.

Maintaining Poll Intervals based on your requirement.

Regards,

Sid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Data volume is very high so any particular recommendation for scenario.

I would suggest you to use SP in DB and limit the numbers of records while sending to PI.

In case u want to directly call table then u can check approach

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Tushar,

Addition of few points to Hareesh's message,

Basically wanted to have a batch job running in PI which will pull out data from the database table ,

In SAP PI we have sender channels which will poll as per the requirement, which means u can schedule the channel which will pick or say will pull the data from the database.

Wanted to know ways to  do this in PI . Data volume is very high so any particular recommendation for scenario.

you can use Select query in sender communication channel to select one row at a time to handle the load.

reference which can help

Configuring the JDBC Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

http://www.riyaz.net/sap/jdbc-adapter-configuration/1200/

hope this helps,

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically wanted to have a batch job running in PI which will pull out data from the database table

I hope you are referring to communication channel. You can schedule the channels in PI to pull the data from database.

SAP PI Adapter Series: JDBC Adapter Configuration

thenlocally create the required xml msg in PI based on the pulled data &  submit the xml to another interface in PI

When PI picks the data from tables, it automatically converts into XML. What do you mean by other interface in PI?