Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help populating View Field

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a view with a table on it that is populated via supply function in the Component Controller.  On this same view I also have a "Text View" field that is supposed to display the number of table records.

In the controller supply function I populate the context for the table values and the context holding the value for the number of table records.  So far so good. The view context is properly mapped to the controller context and the "Text View" field is properly bound to get the value/text.

For some reason when the view is initially presented the "number of records" field is not appearing at all.  But, when I make any change like select a table line the field shows up properly.  I cannot imaging what I am doing wrong to present this strange behavior.

Does anyone have any ideas why the view would not initially show or populate the "Text View" field?.

Thanks for any help with this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Please set an external break point in your SUPPLY FUNCTION method and check if your code to set the no. of records is populating some value into context attribute while application run for first time.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

As per my understanding, the supply function is called when one or more elements of a context node are accessed. In this case, Text view will only be displayed depend on the element of the parent node that holds the lead selection at this point in time.

To solve your issue, try to set the lead selection on first record of a table.

This is the basic functionality of supply function. Hope it clears.

Thanks

Gangadhar