cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Integration with Solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam new to Business objects ,but read many notes and wikis. We are trying to connect BO with Solman SLD and perform the managed sys config, wily etc. For that I have some basic confusing questions.

1. We have single server (Dev box) carrying all the services like tomcat, CMC, Oracle,... etc. So to connect it to SLD. Should I just use sldreg and create connect.key to push the data or should I follow tomcat specific config to sync SLD data (like deploying .WAR file etc).

2. We have other prod with distributed environment and the services are distributed to individual servers  like Load balancer, Apache siteminder, Tomcat, BO intelligence (CMC,IFR,ES,CCS etc), CMC DB/Audit DB etc, BO processing server and finally Data source (each on separate server)

So to configure SLD data supplier... I understood here we need to follow tomcat specific conf on Tomcat server and normal sldreg on CMC server.

Apart from this, what other server should I configure SLD-DS and On what other server should I install Diag agents? What are the major servers/ comp for SLD_DS and Diag agents in a distributed environment for Solman monitoring.

Please suggest the config part to follow and share some details specific to distributed servers/components.

Also posted this question in BI Area, but I guess Solman is the right area to discuss this (so please do not feel is duplicate )

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Check the below link to add the BO in solution manager

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Maintenance+of+Product+in+the+System+Landscape

Managed System Setup of Apache Tomcat System in Solman 7.1 - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki  ...- Managed System Setup of Apache Tomcat System in Solman 7.1

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Karthik,

I have read multiple notes & wikis and I see some useful info in the 2nd link that you posted specific to Tomcat. My concern is with the configurations that everywhere ppl are talking either about Tomcat specific config or BI server specific (assuming CMC server) configs and I dont see any clear info anywhere.

My question is, In a distributed env, lets say I follow Apache Tomcat specific config (like SLD-DS, agents etc) on only Tomcat server and followed by managed sys conf in solman with created SID, but what happens to remaining servers in BO landscapes? what about their SLD data/ LMDB data, Should agents be installed on these other servers (CMC/ Audit DB/ DB/ processing serv etc) or not.

What in a single server env where all (web services/CMC/DB/BI..)services installed on single machine, does only Apache Tomcat specific config sufficient and is applicable?/ general config is applicable?

Please share some details to clarify my confusion.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could some one please share some details like how you have implemented before.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please check Managed System Setup of BOE 3.x System in Solman 7.1 - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

and the sap note 1648370 - SolMan 7.1: Managed Sys Setup - BO Enterprise XI 3.X

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thank you for the link. But we are actually on BOE 4.0 SP4 and I guess there is a huge diff between BO 3.X and BO 4.x as per the wiki's/notes I read.

Thanks,

Ajay.