cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Handling in not working fot FTP and working for NFS in PI 7.31 SP06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

To handle the duplicate files and I enabled the check box (Enable Duplicate Handling) in Sender File adapter , but this is working in case of NFS option and  it's not working for FTP protocol.

What I observed is if the same file received second time from FTP server and File date and time is current file created date and time in FTP server.

But in case of NFS file time is last file modified date and time.

As per SAP help duplicate file is working based on last file modified date and time stamp - but this is not same for duplicate file in case of FTP.

I am testing this in PI 7.31 SP06.

Please help if you tested this option in PI 7.31 using sender FTP.

Because our scenario we might received from sender FTP duplicate files and this I wanted fix using our standard check box option.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Venu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

The issue you mentioned , is happens for the same interface ?

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes same interface. I created two channel one for FTP other one for NFS both tested to check Duplicate option in sender File adapter.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Please let me know how you resolved this issue?

It has become very urgent , Please help..

Regards,

SV

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu - I havn't tested it but just a thought.

As per the documentation -

The duplicate count is maintained for every file(with name, size and last modified combination)

What I observed is if the same file received second time from FTP server and File date and time is current file created date and time in FTP server.

So if the files are being created on the FTP server with current timestamp then they are always unique files right?

May be you can test it like this - Keep one file and run the channel in test mode and see if still that processes the files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if the files are being created on the FTP server with current timestamp then they are always unique files right - Time stamp is unique for FTP server but File name what is coming from source may be same some times.

May be you can test it like this - Keep one file and run the channel in test mode and see if still that processes the files - I haven't tested this may be this might work - but for my requirement I can't keep Test mode and run the interface.

My requirement is I will receive the file from third party system there could be a chance they can send twice a day same file. and I am seeing this Duplicate option will work or not.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah. I don't think it works. Duplicate file check only works when the above mentioned attributes are same