Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.20 installation crash

prem_kool
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install SAP GUI 7.20 patch 10 on the laptop.

The systems is Windows 7 Professional -64 bit .

After starting the GUI installation, it crashes in few seconds. The command window closes and installation is abruptly ended.

In the log file, I see following Error and Warming messages:

1W  Variables-Script: JDK Could not be detected!

1W  Variables-Script: JRE Could not be detected!

1W  Variables-Script: JRE 1.6.0 (32 Bit) could not be detected!

1E  Component '{C0BEB1513-8349-48ED-8119-EA895889F8EC7}' required by '{9F9F6EA3-7074-4519-ABED-7563B99C3CFC}' (Business Explorer (SAP BW 3.X)) not found.

I tried to search the Space for this issue, but could not see the answer.

I have JAVA 1.6.0 installed. 

Would appreciate help in resolving this.

Thanks,

Prem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

You have several issues going on here.  First, support for SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 ended on 12th of April 2013.  Go get SAP GUI  7.30 50120297_6 NW 7.0 Presentation - 7.30 Compilation 3 Present. 1 on SAP Marketplace.  Secondly, the  Business Explorer, (BEx 3.5) is also no longer supported unless you have requested a special build for it to install with SAP GUI 7.30.

Make sure you update sapsetup.exe to patch 42 and SAP GUI 7.30 core patch 7 as it will recognize the 64 bit OS.

The BEx Add-On is 7.x FEP 501.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

prem_kool
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for the reply.

The only reason, I am going for 7.20 is this GUI has interface for Business Explorer 3.5.  If SAP GUI 7.3 would not support the Business Explorer 3.5, not sure how to work on BEx 3.5 queries, once SAP GUI 7.3 is installed.

..Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

I do not believe the last updates for SAP GUI 7.20 fixed issues installing to a 64-bit OS. There were several Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) updates which were causing issues.

Your BI/BW Functional Team should have been converting existing workbooks over to the 7.x format.  Reference, SAP Note 1786528: A special version of SAP NetWeaver 04 BW 3.5 Frontend Add-ons (Bex 3.5) is required as migration to either BEx 7.x or to SAP BusinessObjects Analysis or SAP  BusinessObjects Design Studio cannot be finished till end of maintenance of SAP GUI 7.20.

The referenced SAP Note has an attachment with instructions for submitting an OSS Message to SAP, BW-BEX-ET-WB-3X, requesting the BEx 3.5 installation for SAP GUI 7.30.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

prem_kool
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for the help.

I saw on another laptop, a colleague was able to install .GUI 7.20 patch 10 on Windows 7 / 64-bit.

Hence tried to see if anything I was missing something.

Will try to install SAP GUI 7.30.

Appreciate your help.

..Pramod