cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas - Pasting Issues in FB02 / FB03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I just ran into an issue with some cost center transfer transactions.  I first execute FB02 (edit parked transfer document), then I click Document List (More Fields in the video) which allows me to see more selection fields. I can type information in these fields just fine, but if I try to paste any data into any field that is longer than the MaxLength property of that field, I get an error. When I run the same steps in Basic View, pasting works just fine.  Any characters over the MaxLength are simply truncated.

In the Video, I can paste a 5 digit number into the Document Number field, just fine.  But when I try to paste the same thing into the Fiscal Year field, I get an error.  Same if I had tried to paste into the Company Code or Document Type field, because they both have MaxLengths of less than 5. The same thing is happening in FB03, which has an identical selection screen.

I have not done anything complicated on these screens, I've only nudged some fields around, changed color scheme, and hidden things. I also tried simply making a copy of basic view and not altering it in any way, and that test also worked fine, just like basic view. It is strange that simply moving fields around would cause this behavior.

Has anyone else come across this while Personifying FB02 and FB03?  I think it is a real issue, because lots of users copy and paste their document numbers from elsewhere into SAP.

Respectfully,

Cheryl Sutton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

We had noticed this behavior few days back and have already fixed it.

It is on way to get released in the next note.

If you want, you can create a message so that we tell you when we release that note, or else just remind me.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sushant, did this note get released yet?

0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

Please check note 1964257

This is our parent note. It has reference to note 1981076 which is the latest one right now.

Regards,

Sushant

Answers (0)