Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP data not appearing in the UI of SAP RM 2.3

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am using Syclo Round Manager 2.3 application and trying to get the ‘Sort Field’ value in the test client. I am getting the value in complex table but not getting the value in front end (Test Client). In the below figure I have pasted the output which I am getting during downloading the data in test client. It’s a fresh client (Out of box) with no customization. I would really appreciate for some quick just in case anyone out there might have faced a similar issue.

Sort Filed is properly mapped in Agentry as shown below:

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nilay,

This is probably a bug in the transaction that creates the measuringpoint object records from the  entrylistpoint complex table.  My guess is that the sortfield property is not mapped between the complex table and object.  You could easily correct this yourself in the editor.

Browse to the measuringpoint object and look at the transactions tab associated with that object.  Then find the transaction(s) that do an "add" from a complex table.  Adjust these to correctly copy over the sort field property.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's already added in the specified area !!

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ranjoy,

The property may still be mapped incorrectly.  Please post the specifics of that sorftField transaction property, and show the contents of the initial value rule if there is one.  Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos
jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ranjoy,

Up top you were showing the entrylistpoint complex table that contains a softfield property, but this transaction is trying to pull sortNum from the measuringpoints complex table.  Measuringpoints must have blank data in sortNum.  It seems like maybe you want to be pulling from entrylistpoint during this transaction if possible.  I cannot remember how the looping works in this product, but entrylistpoint may be part of an outer loop here that you still have access to in this transaction.  If that was the case you could grab the sortfield from entrylistpoint current row.  It could also be that your measuringpoint complex table data needs to be correctly populated with sortNum values from the backend.  You would need to look at the java to see where those are coming from and why they are blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am Confuse !! any other alternative ?? or explain elaborately pls/give me your mail id ,will send you the out of box.agxz file.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ranjoy,

I already have the editor source file.  I will try to look at it today and will reply back here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx a ton !! will wait for your reply !!

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ranjoy,

I looked at the source definitions.  Here is how you can fix it to work as you indicated.  This will use the sortfield from the entrylistpoint complex table instead of the sortNum from measuringpoints CT which is blank in your case.  There are a couple ways you could try this, so I will explain both.

I traced the flow as if I was choosing points from an entry list, so I picked an entry list first from the search field.  This is the only case that makes sense to have a sortField, and is the only case that uses the entrylistpoint CT.  This saves the entrylist number to a mainobject variable called EntryListNumber.  Next, the code loops over all points in the entrylistpoint complex table that match the saved EntryListNumber.  We are now in the MesuringPointAddAuto Action.  It saves the current CT record in the mainobject variable EntryListPoint.  We next create the actual object record in Action MeasuringPointByEntryListPoint which finds the matching EntryListPoint in the MeasuringPoints CT and uses it to create the object record that is displayed on screen.  This happens in the MeasuringPointAddByEntryListPoint Action, using the MeasuringPointAddAuto transaction (not the one you showed in your screen shot, but a similar one).  Then the loop continues until there are no more matching records for that Entry List in entrylistpoint CT.

As I thought, entrylistpoint is the outer loop.  The first thing I would like you to try is to change the

sortField "Other Property" mapping in the MeasuringPointAddAuto transaction from

:>"MeasuringPoints" Complex Table>Current Record>"sortNum" Field

to

:>"EntryListPoint" Complex Table>Current Record>"sortfield" Field

This might work and it is the simplest fix.  I am not sure if that CT is accessible though in this transaction's context, so it might still give you a blank result.  If the above doesn't work, this will:

Add a new String property to the main object called "SortField"

Change the EntryListPointSelect Transaction to add your new property "SortField".  Initial Value is "From a different object property" and the Other Property is ":>"EntryListPoint" Complex Table>Current Record>"sortfield" Field".  This will save the current sortfield to your temporary variable so we can look it up when we create the object property.

Lastly, Change the sortField "Other Property" mapping in the MeasuringPointAddAuto transaction from

:>"MeasuringPoints" Complex Table>Current Record>"sortNum" Field

to

:>"Main Object>"SortField" Property

This will save the sortField into your objects and allow you to sort on that column to keep things in entry list order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason for the suggestion , It's working now ,I changed the transaction property of 'SortField' .

Thanks a lot for your time .

Cheers.

Ranjoy.

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jason. I and my team really appreciate all your help. Just in case you are aware of any more bugs in the product with the fix, please point us to the relevant OSS notes.

Regards,

Nilay

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nilay,

Glad you guys got it working with the tweaks I suggested.  We are at work here in Chicago on the next generation version of this product right now.  The new version will offer better UI for all platforms (iOS, Android phones and tablets, WinCE and WIndows WPF) and also better performance optimized for speed.

I will make sure that we address this issue as well.  I would think that the best solution would be to use the MeasureingPoint sort field if it is not blank, otherwise default back to the entryList sort.

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again Jason for the update. Eagerly looking forward to receive more update on this application. There are a lot of traction in market. There are few more possible clients that are interested to explore/implement this application and other Agentry based applications. Strengthening this portfolio will benefit our clients a lot.

Regards,

Nilay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Got another product bug .The measuring point sequence is coming as LIFO format as a result when we are going for a 'Read all' option it's taking the last value and reading from bottom to top but it should be top to bottom in realtime .Please have a look and suggest some solution ,hope you have the agentry editor configured for Round Manager .

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ranjoy,

I wouldn't call either of these bugs, but change requests or enhancements.  Both are working as designed.  The read-all currently loops over the object collection.  The only way to loop is from the first object in the collection to the last, that is why you are seeing a LIFO ordering. This is a platform limitation.  The issue is with the order the objects are being added to the collection from the complex table.

This adjustment assumes you want to read the points in sort field order:

Solution:  Add a new index to the EntryListPoint complex table called sortField.  Tie this index to the sortField property.  Give this index a parent of entryListNumber.

Modify the MeasuringPointsAddAuto action's sub-action step to change the collection to loop over.  Instead of using the entryListNumber index, use the new sortField index.  You will still need to seed the entryListNumber using the existing "IndexMainObjectEntryListNumber" rule.

This should now loop over the rows by sortField in ascending order, and adding to the object collection that way.

Now when you do a read-all, you should start at the first sortField, not some random record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again !! no other words , you are such a darling !!

It's perfect !!

Cheers .

Ranjoy .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeson,

Hope ur doing good ..I am looking to change the complex table caption in Round Manager application when I am going to select entry list I am getting 'Select Entry Lists' I want to change this as 'Select Rounds' ..I have tried many things but not able to change the caption of complex table ..Please have a look ..hope you have the agentry version of Round Manager .

I have changed the level of 'Rounds' from 'Entry Lists'.Let me know if you are looking for any other information.

There is no 'placeholder' available to do that ..

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ranjoy,

That is strange, I have a paceholder on General Settings tab between Label and Edit Type that you are missing.  What version of Agentry are you using?  Try upgrading to 6.1.x.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ranjoy,

It sounds like you are on an older version of the editor before the feature was introduced.  You can upgrade to 6.0.38 and it should appear.  I just confirmed my editor for 6.0.38 has the placeholder field you are looking for or as Jason suggests consider upgrading to SMP 2.3 (Agentry 6.1.x).

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide the link to download !!

Regards.

Ranjoy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically when I am selecting a random point and doing a 'read all' ,it's still starting from the first point ,not even reading the current value .It should read the current value which I have selected and then it's should take the next ascending value of 'sort field' instead of start from beginning.

Here I have selected the point-11794 and went for Read All but it's taking the value from beginning.

Answers (0)