Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problem with Secatt.

khagendra_padhy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am new to SAP security , So please reply to my question even though it is silly.

I am testing one secatt script for mass user password reset. Even though my script execution log is successfull but i am not able to login with the new password of the users.

Below is the log file attached

Thanks,

Khagendra

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khagendra,

Am not sure whether you have used the password field in the uploaded file; if yes please cross check it again. If you are not properly record the template there is a chance of using the same password which you have used while recording your script.

Thanks

Mani

0 Kudos

Hi Manikyam,

The log shows it 's receiving the password field.

I have attached the file.

Thanks,

Khagendra

0 Kudos

Hi Khagendra,

Please try to reset the user password manually & try to login with the same.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padhy,

It seems your SECATT script is TCD recorded. Please use the password which is used in the scripting for all.

0 Kudos

Hi Sailu,

Thaks for the reply.

Yes it's TCD recorded. But even though i try to login the the users with the password used in scripting for the users , still i did not able to login with new passwords for (TEST & TEST-2) as above.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Khagendra,

just now i have checked the script. It is working fine for me. Can i know which system version r u using,.

Can you please record the script once again. This might be problem with t-code recording.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I suspect with the password rules maintained in the system, that's the reason I have requested to test by resetting manually and try the same to see whether the system is accepting the given password or not. If system accepts the same password manually we can investigate in the script recording or execution.

Thanks

Mani

0 Kudos

Hi Manikyam,

I checked that too but the password is accepted by the system.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Sailu,

I am using SAP EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 system. I have already recorded the script 2 times , but it's throughing no error.

I have attached the log of script.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

can you please check below objects in the log

0 Kudos

Hi,

If that accepts, there is a problem in the recording, try to rerecord the script and execute in Foreground.

Thanks

Mani

khagendra_padhy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I found the problem in the process . The profile value of this parameter sapgui/user_scripting  was false in system.

Thanks

0 Kudos

That is also default setting, for a good reason.

I recommend avoiding ecatt to be honest. For legitimate test scenarios it is unstable and for legitimate productive scenarios it is dangerous.

For PFCG and the new PFCGN transaction it is almost useless.

Cheers,

Julius