Did you mean: 

BO6.5 and BO4 reports do not match referring same universe

sachin_v_joshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have 2 environments one BO6.5 and BI4

Universe is same in both

There is a monthly report which runs on each date of start of month.
This report has been migrated to BI4 as well as universe is also migrated to current BO4 env.

When I run this migrated copy of the same report and compare the results,
few rows are extra generated by BO4 report but these rows do not occur in 6.5 report.

Both refer the one and same universe. How is it possible ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the SQL generated by both versions the same?

sachin_v_joshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Arijit and Mark , the queries generated by both version match but I find the BO6.5 universe was migrated to BO4 and from BO4 , there have been many versions of the same.

The RDBMS is Oracle though. I 'm still clueless why is diff in these 2 reports..

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are various parameters/properties that may affect this, such as "Avoid duplicate row aggregation", the number of rows and/or the amount of time that the universe or document restricts the result set to and other
settings. Check that each of those is the same - does either report warn you about partial results?

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BO 6.5 is pretty old. There has been a lot of changes in product behavior. We did face similar issue when migrated webi reports from XIR2 to XI3.1.

What is the backend database? if it is an rdbms, check the sql matches or not in both versions. If the backend is BW queries, trace the MDX in both versions. Most probably they will not match because of product behavior change.